Sea&Sea has announced its new housing for the new Nikon Z7II and Z6II. The updated models feature more-powerful Expeed 6 processors, which increase both the continuous shooting speed and the buffer size, improve autofocus, and allow the cameras to capture 4K/60p internally. The cameras also gained an additional UHS-II SD card slot.
Like its predecessor housing, the MDX-Z7II works with the ports and gears for Sea&Sea’s MDX-series DSLR housings. The housing’s focus/zoom dial has two gears, one for F-mount lenses and one for Z-mount lenses: Using F-mount lenses requires the use of Nikon’s FTZ mount adapter.
The machined aluminum housing features integrated handles and includes a window for viewing the camera’s top LCD panel. As well as manual strobe triggering via sync cords, the housing accepts an optional hotshoe-mounted Optical YS Converter, allowing fiber-optic connectivity with compatible Sea&Sea strobes in both TTL and manual modes. Included with the housing are parts that allow the MDX-Z7II to accommodate the older Z7/Z6 cameras as well.
Consult your local dealer for pricing and availability.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Sea&Sea MDX-Z7II Underwater Housing for Nikon Z7II/Z6II
State-of-the-art housing for the full-frame mirrorless Nikon Z7Ⅱ/Z6Ⅱ/Z7/Z6 camera. Compact, compatible with the Optical YS Converter and ergonomically designed.
Ports and gears for the MDX series SLR housings can be used.
The MDX-Z7II/Z6II is compatible with the system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilize F-mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and ports/gears for the MDX series housings.
Compatible with Optical YS Converter/N1. TTL strobe photography possible.
An optional Optical YS Converter which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is compatible with the housing. Manual strobe photography is also possible.
Designed for both F mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and Z mount lenses.
The Focus/Zoom dial has two gears, one for F-mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and the other for Z mount lenses. The MDX-Z7II has been designed to take into consideration various Z mount lenses which will soon be available.
The camera’s upper control panel can be seen.
A window for the camera’s upper control panel is also incorporated. As brightness of the camera’s upper control panel has increased, the visibility is now greatly improved.
MDX-Z7II OTHER FEATURES
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally. The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Optical Viewfinder 0.66x,and 0.8x can be used.
*Some vignetting occurs. When the VF45 and VF180 1.2x is mounted on housing, the corners of the camera’s viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratch.
- Compatible with Z7/Z6 cameras by using the included parts
|[Construction]||Body: corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)|
|Grip: corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy|
|[Depth rating]||100m / 330ft|
|[Dimensions (WxHxD)]||339 x 169 x 158 mm / 13.3 x 6.7 x 6.2 inches|
|[Weight]||Approx. 2,700g / 95oz (Housing only)|
Ikelite Housing for OM System OM-1
AOI Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 III
Plan Your Adventure >