Nauticam has unveiled its NA-A6700 housing for the newest addition to Sony’s long-running a6000 series—the a6700. The latest model features a new 26MP sensor, Sony’s new Bionz XR image processor, and a dedicated AI Processing Unit to take care of image processing and AF duties. The camera shoots 11fps bursts with full AF/AE tracking and captures 4K/60p 10-bit 4:2:2 and 4K/120p 8-bit 4:2:0 video.
To take full advantage of these specs, the Nauticam aluminum housing features the company’s usual attention to ergonomic detail, positioning key controls around the integrated handles. The housing uses the same flash trigger as the predecessor housing, and various optically fired strobes can be hooked up to the two optical fiber ports. It’s also possible to fit an electrical bulkhead for strobe triggering via electrical sync cables. The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is fitted as standard. Videographers have the option of recording high-quality video to an Atomos Ninja V connected via HDMI.
Available soon from retailers such as Backscatter, the NA-A6700 housing is priced at $2,513.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
NA-A6700 FOR SONY A6700 CAMERA
The mirrorless APS-C segment is seeing several new additions including this follow-up from Sony to its popular A6000 series the A6700. The A6700 borrows much of its technology from both its cinema, vlogging, and full-frame alpha siblings. Sony has mated the 26MP BSI CMOS sensor to its ‘Bionz-X’ processor to deliver top-tier autofocus and impressive video specs. Nauticam’s aluminum housings for the A6000 series offer unparalleled control with an intuitive interface and the NA-A6700 builds on this legacy to produce the finest underwater imaging platform for the Sony A6700.
Nauticam is known for ergonomics and an unmatched experience. Key controls are placed at the photographer’s fingertips. The housing and accessories are lightweight, and easy to assemble. The camera drops in without any control presetting, and lens port changes are effortless.
NA-A6700 features an integrated handle system. This ergonomic style provides exceptional control access, even with thick gloves, with ideal placement of the shutter release and a thumb-lever to actuate the AE-L/AF-L button from the right handle in addition to the 'C3' customizable button.
Nauticam's build quality is well-known by underwater photographers around the globe. The housing is machined from a solid block of aluminum, then hard anodized making it impervious to salt water corrosion. Marine-grade stainless and plastic parts complete the housing, and it is backed by a two-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
Fast and Reliable Flash Triggering
Reliable rapid-fire manual flash triggering is available with the NA-A6700 for a variety of optically fired flashes and utilizes the same flash trigger as the NA-A6600, the 36315 Mini Flash Trigger for NA-A6600. The NA-A6700 comes fiber optic ready and accepts the Universal Fiber Optic Cable.
Strobes and arms can be attached to the housing via included 1″ accessory mounting balls.
Electrical strobe triggering is still an option for those with an investment in legacy lighting gear, requiring the purchase of an accessory electrical bulkhead (25056).
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-A6700 as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve, this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water-tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
What’s in the Box
- NA-A6700 Underwater Housing
- Housing Cap
- Set of Allen Keys
- Manual Instruction Card
- 2x Plugs for Optical Fiber Mount
- 2x Handles and 2x handle brackets with mounting balls
- Padded housing bag and shoulder strap
- Panasonic CR-2032 Battery (for moisture alarm and vacuum detector)
- 90133 Spare main O-ring, O-ring remover and lubricant
- 25221 M10 strobe mounting ball for housing
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- 25311 Strobe mounting ball for cold shoe
- 25312 Light mounting stem for cold shoe
- 25321 Long Strobe Mounting Ball for Cold Shoe
- 25322 Long Light Mounting Stem for Cold Shoe
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
- 25056 M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection
- 26216 Universal Optical Fiber Cable
- 32205 Nauticam 45˚ viewfinder for MIL housing
- 32211 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32212 Nauticam Full Frame Straight Viewfinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- 32213 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 32°/ 1:1
- 32214 Nauticam Full Frame Angle Viewinder 40°/ 0.8:1
- *32215 Viewfinder collar for MIL housing is required to be used with 32211/2/3/4
Required accessories for HDMI 1.4 Cable System
- 25028 Socket extension for 25032 HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25032 Custom HDMI bulkhead to use with socket extension
- 25046 HDMI (D-D) cable in 200mm length for NA-RX100V/GH4/A7 (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 25081 M24-M16 Step Down Adaptor
Compatible Monitor Options
- 7922 Nauticam Atomos Ninja V Housing for Atomos Ninja V 5” 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit Recorder/Monitor/Player (excl. HDMI 2.0 cable)
- 17923 NA-Shinobi-H Housing for Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor with HDMI 1.4 input *17923 includes 25046
- 17926 Nauticam NA-Ultra5 Ho1using for SmallHD Ultra 5 Camera Monitor
- 25082 HDMI 1.4 Cable for Ninja V Housing in 0.75m Length (for connection from Ninja V housing to HDMI Bulkhead) *Required for use with 17922/17926 monitor housing.
Required accessories for HDMI 2.0 Cable System
- 25086 M24 adaptor for HDMI 2.0 cable (incl. tightening tool)
- Dimensions: 311mm(W)x 169mm(H) x 111mm(D)
- Weight in Air: TBD
- Buoyance in Water: TBD
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Port Mount: N85
- Flash Trigger: 36315 Mini Flash Trigger for NA-A6600
- Accessory Ports:
- Front: M24 x 1, M10x 1 on top, 3x 1/4-20 UNC on the bottom
- Rear: M14 x 1
- Vacuum Valve: 25624 M14 vacuum valve II
- HDMI Support: HDMI 1.4/2.0
SKU # 17435
GoPro HERO12 Black
Seacam Housing for Nikon Z8
Sony a7C II
Aquatica Housing for Sony a7R V
Plan Your Adventure >