Keldan has used their December 2020 newsletter to officially announce the first wireless underwater remote control for video lights. Demonstrated by the company at last year’s DEMA Show, the RC1 is able to function underwater—and “around the corner and through walls”—because it uses ultrasonic technology.
Currently available for use with Keldan’s Video 18XR and Video 24XR lights, the remote control has two independent brightness channels, each of which can address any number of lights simultaneously. It has a range underwater of around 50 meters or 165 feet. The unit has a ball adapter for easy mounting.
The Swiss firm also announced an upgrade to their Video 8M FLUX light, which is now called the Video 8M 11000lm after receiving a new, more-powerful LED module offering 11,000 lumens, as opposed to the 9,000 lumens of the earlier light.
Shipping now, the RC1 costs $780 and is available from Backscatter.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
FROM THE KELDAN NEWSLETTER
This December 2020 Newsletter is very special for us. After intense research work on how to make the first:
Wireless Underwater Remote Control
We are happy to announce that we did it! And we did it with the high quality you can expect from Keldan.
2 Individual Channels, Range of 50 Meters
The RC1 Remote Control is now available from Keldan Dealers around the world.
Remote Control for Video 24XR Lights and Video 18XR Lights
- Easy mountable with ball adapter
- Range of 50m
- Control brightness individually on 2 channels
- Each Channel can address an unlimited number of lights
- Each Channel has a separate ID to avoid interference when multiple controllers are used at the same dive site
- Works around the corner and through walls
We are sure you will come up with 1001 ideas on how to use the RC1 in your new projects:
- No more swimming back and forth to adjust lighting
- Fast and easy control of your lighting
- Place the lights wherever you want
- Opens new ways of shooting
Ikelite Housing for OM System OM-1
AOI Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 III
Plan Your Adventure >