Isotta is now shipping its new housing for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 III mirrorless camera. Boasting the same 20-megapixel Four Thirds sensor and 121-point phase and contrast detection AF system found in the E-M1 Mark II, the E-M5 III is capable of 10fps burst shooting with continuous AF, captures 4K/30p video, and features in-body image stabilization.
Fashioned from anodized aluminum and finished in Isotta’s signature red, the housing features double O-ring seals on all buttons and removable parts, the company’s unique single-handed open/close, a large rear window with an optical viewfinder, and a built-in moisture sensor with LED indicator. The majority of available lenses can be accommodated via interchangeable ports and extensions rings.
Strobes can be triggered out of the box via fiber-optic cables connected to the ports on the housing, and the housing can optionally be purchased with N5 or S6 bulkheads. There is also an M16 port for accessories such as a vacuum valve or external monitor/recorder.
The housing is available now with a price tag of $1,300 (without handles).
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the product mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Housing for Olympus E-M5 Mark III
The housing for Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III allows to capitalize on the camera full potential and to capture amazing pictures underwater.
An easy to use highly professional product has been created through techniques and innovations gained from years of experience. Easy access to all key/main camera controls, even with gloves, by means of clearly labelled lasered long life buttons.
The back door has a large window glass for a fine camera display and optical viewfinder view and it is entirely detached from the front body to make easier the camera fitting.
The housing stands with great stability due to sturdy and wide rubber feet located on the bottom.
ONE HAND OPEN/CLOSE
It's very easy to open and close Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III, without efforts by the user thanks to the upper helicoid and the bottom centered pins; the camera is placed easily into the housing on a sliding tray that keeps the camera robustly in place.
PORTS AND EXTENSION RING
A series of ports and extension rings are available in dedicated section. The removable port is fitted thanks to markers and a bayonet 102mm connection to the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III housing. The interchangeable port bodies and extensions rings combine to allow the use of most of lenses on the market for maximum versatility and performance.
Two fiber optic connections are placed in front of the built-in flash and allow the use of external strobe.
CONSTRUCTION AND SAFETY
Only the best materials are used to manufacture our housings such as anodized aluminum, which is anticorodal and thermo-coated, and stainless steel. A longlasting product that requires easy and simple maintenance by the user. Dual high precision and quality O-Ring seals protect and ensure a perfect and secure watertight for all movable and / or removable parts; a red alarm for humidity/water inside the housing is powered by a battery replaceable by the user. Working depth is 100 metres. Different accessories can be fitted by means of an M8 upper threaded hole, using the Isotta top handle or via the M6 and M8 threaded holes on the bottom.
- ON/OFF of Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III
- Own camera strobe open/close
- Ergonomic camera focusing and shutter button for an easy use with gloves
- Lens release
- Rear control panel
- Upper control panel
- All controls are available on the housing
- Front lip
- Replacement O-Ring kit
- Silicone Grease 15gr / 0,5 oz
- 2 years manufacturer warranty
- Signature red color anodized aluminum body
- Two fiber optic connectors
- One M16 port for installation of accessories, e.g. vacuum valves or monitors
- Back housing completely separable from the front housing
- Tray with lock for the easy insertion of the camera
- Single-hand closing knob for back housing
- Aluminum buttons and dials with engraved symbols identical to camera controls
- Wide back display viewfinder glass with optical viewfinder
- Double o-ring seal on all buttons and removable parts
- Moisture sensor with LED indicator (replacable battery)
- Removable port - 102mm bayonet
- Ports security latch to prevent accidental opening
- Wide, rubber covered feet for solid footing on boat floors or sea floor
- M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON X-2 compatible
- Depth rated to 100m
- Weight: 1,000 gr
- Size: 180 W. x 110 D. x 190 H.
1.300,00 € (VAT included)
SKU: EM5 MIII
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >