Isotta is now shipping its housing for the Canon EOS R5. The full-frame mirrorless camera, which boasts a 45-megapixel sensor and 12fps burst shooting with continuous AF, can shoot 8K/30p and 4K/120p at 10-bit 4:2:2—using the full sensor width.
The new housing, which is finished in Isotta’s signature red paint, offers a full complement of features typically found on the company’s mirrorless and DSLR housings: anodized aluminum construction, double O-ring seals on buttons and removable parts, integrated adjustable handles, one-handed open/close, and a built-in moisture detector. A variety of accessories can be attached via the three M16 ports and large-bore M24 port.
Two fiber-optic ports are fitted as standard, but there’s also the option of ordering the housing with Nikonos N5 or S6 bulkheads for connecting strobes via electrical sync cords.
Available at retailers such as Backscatter, the housing is priced at $2,790.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Isotta Underwater Camera Housing for Canon EOS R5
The new Canon EOS R5 promises a revolution in photography and cinema. By employing new technologies, including artificial intelligence for AF and an image stabilizer that comes with up to 8 stops* of protection against vibration, Canon aims to make users forget what they knew about Mirrorless cameras. 45-megapixel photos at 20 frames per second, 4K/120P full frame video and a choice of ISO 100-51200. This camera promises outstanding photos in any conditions. With the built-in, always-on Bluetooth Low Energy connection, establishing a fast Wi-Fi connection with a smart device and reviewing your shots already on the way back is a snap.
*8 stops based on standard CIPA tests with RF 24–105mm F4 L IS USM at a focal length of 105mm.
The housing respects all the key points of Isotta's line of housings: one-handed opening, double O-ring seals for greater safety, the use of high quality materials and the made in Italy craftsmanship. The housing was created to follow the lines of the camera, resulting small and manageable, while ensuring complete control of camera functions and absolute freedom in the use of accessories.
MAN BEFORE MACHINE!
The focus in the study of the housing goes to the diver who decides to use it. The comfort in the use and management of the machine in water is a fixed point, studied in every detail. The handles are ergonomic, adjustable and interchangeable*. if necessary; the housing is compact and lightweight, so you won't tire your arm too much and have an excellent control over stability. All buttons are conveniently reachable from the grip position of the handles ensuring maximum management of the camera with minimum effort. The rear back offers a full view of the camera screen so that you can shoot in live view unobstructed and in comfort and it detaches completely from the front body so that it is easy to insert the camera and perform operations inside the housing. The presence of the viewfinder allows you to take pictures framing in the classic way and to replace it with a magnifier. The closing knob is Single-hand actionable.
MORE AND MORE CUSTOMIZABLE!
Supplied with only the connections for the optical fiber, the housing has been designed with three M16x1 connections and one M24x1 connection, for total freedom in the choice of the conformation of the equipment. When ordering, you can select your preferred lighting control system choosing between Trigger, Sincro N5 or S6 and your right port system. Through the different combinations between ports and extension rings it is possible to use most of the lenses on the market. Various accessories can be used by means of an M8 hole located at the top of the case and two M6 threaded holes located at the bottom. To make it even more unique, have your name or logo engraved.
SAFETY IS IMPORTANT!
The locking pins on the back are made of stainless steel and penetrate the shell for added strength and security. The housing is made of aluminum, resistant and anti-corrosion, anodized in the unmistakable red color. The classic double o-ring seal is on all moving and removable parts ensures an optimal watertight seal. The camera is held straight, centered and in place by a mounting plate with a safety catch, which slips nimbly into the housing. No risk of sudden infiltration. A red humidity alarm inside the case is powered by a user-replaceable battery and instantly signals an increase in humidity in a critical area. Watertightness is guaranteed up to a maximum depth of 100 meters.
- Front cap
- Replacement O-Ring kit
- Silicone Grease 15g/0.5oz
- Standard handles
- 2 years manufacturer warranty
- Signature red anodized aluminum body
- Ergonomic side handles, adjustable (via optional accessory)
- Two built-in fiber optic connectors
- Two standard electrical sync cord bulkheads Nikonos N5 or S6 not included
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing
- Tray with lock for an easy fitting of the camera
- Single-hand closing knob for back housing
- Three M16x1 port for installation of accessories, e.g. vacuum valves or monitors
- One M24x1 port for installation of accessories, e.g. monitor
- Aluminum buttons and knobs and levers marked in the near with symbols identical to those of the machine in use
- Wide back display viewfinder glass
- Dual O-Ring seals on all buttons and removable parts
- Moisture sensor with LED and audible indicator (replaceable battery)
- Removable port – 120mm bayonet
- Ports security latch to prevent accidental opening
- Wide, rubber covered feet for solid footing
- M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON compatible
- Depth rated to 100 metres
Ikelite Housing for OM System OM-1
AOI Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 III
Plan Your Adventure >