Ikelite has unveiled their housing for the new Canon EOS R10 mirrorless camera. The R10 features a 24MP APS-C sensor with Dual Pixel AF, 15fps burst shooting with the mechanical shutter (23fps with the electronic shutter), and 4K/30p oversampled video using the full width of the sensor.
The new housing boasts all the typical features found on Ikelite’s 200DLM housings—Dry Lock Micro port system, ABS-PC body and transparent back, and laser engraved labels that don’t rub off—but in a particularly compact form factor. When attaching a tray (with single or dual handles), the shutter release and back-button focus levers can be optionally extended.
The housing ships with a hotshoe with Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead supporting manual strobe exposure with strobes from Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Inon, and others, and you have the option of adding Ikelite’s DL5 DS Link Canon TTL converter for automatic strobe exposure with a compatible Ikelite DS strobe—or two. There’s also an accessory port that allows you to optionally install Ikelite’s vacuum kit.
Available now from Ikelite’s website, the new housing is priced at $1,050 housing-only. Ikelite is also offering a kit that bundles the housing with the camera, Canon RF-S 18–45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens (with zoom/focus gear), and DLM 6-inch dome port—at a special price of $2,395.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the product mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
200DLM Underwater Housing for Canon EOS R10
Never before have we been so excited for a compact mirrorless camera. The combination of size, imaging quality, and value of the Canon EOS R10 system is unparalleled.
Canon EOS R10 Specifications
- Compact mirrorless camera system
- 24 megapixel APS-C sensor and 4K UHD video
- RAW image capture
- Accepts Canon RF-mount lenses
- Weighs less than 1 lb (426g)
- CIPA battery life of 450 shots
200DLM Housing Features
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Extendable levers for shutter release and back button focus
- Interchangeable Dry Lock Micro port system including flat ports, 6"dome ports, and 8" dome ports
- Lightweight and corrosion-proof ABS-PC construction
- Clear view back with laser engraved control markings
- Ergonomic, field serviceable direct-drive controls
- Accessory port for optional vacuum system
- Made in the USA
Ergonomics and handling
Canon cameras have some of the best ergonomics in the business and we have translated it to a straightforward and intuitive housing design. Curved trigger levers for shutter and back button focus can hug the side of the housing if shooting without a grip or be extended for easy reach from an optional handle. AF-ON is accessible with your thumb by a lever control at the side of the housing. When combined with back button focus, this provides a shooting method far easier than attempting to half-press the camera's shutter button.
Soft-touch control knobs add comfort and extra grip to the main dial, quick control dial, power switch, and lens release. Stainless steel, direct-drive rotating controls are virtually fail-safe and user serviceable and adjustable in a pinch.
All rear camera buttons are accessible by smooth action, hard anodized aluminum push buttons for reliable performance and easy maintenance. These controls are clearly labeled by laser engraving on the back of the housing that never fades or falls off.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. The Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 is the most popular choice for both handling and attachment of accessories. We recommend installing the Trigger Extension # 4077.95 to the shutter and AF-ON controls when using a right-hand handle.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. We have eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A vacuum kit allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to check for proper assembly prior to entering the water.
Drawing a vacuum on the system also provides extra security at the surface of the water, especially important when using the housing in rough surf.
The housing's standard viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890.2 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3.
The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing.
TTL Strobe Exposure
This housings supports your choice of shooting manual strobes or adding TTL electronics depending on your application. The included manual hotshoe with Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead supports manual strobe exposure with a wide variety of strobes including Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, and others.
Enjoy the fastest and most accurate strobe exposure on the market by adding the DL5 DS Link Canon TTL Converter and CT1 TTL Hotshoe Kit # 46075 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. The DS Link can be programmed to the camera's specific TTL protocol and supports both first curtain and rear curtain sync up to the camera's maximum flash sync speed. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera. A push button and indicator light on the side of the converter make it simple to switch back and forth between TTL and manual exposure underwater.
Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the CT1 TTL Hotshoe or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.
It couldn't be more simple to change ports than this system—just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location.
This housing accepts ports from our DLM Port System to accommodate a selection of the best zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses for underwater use. Our custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost.
Durability and corrosion free performance
Our white ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. We use locally sourced, top-grade materials. Our housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). We back our products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
This housing is only compatible with Canon EOS R10 cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories. The camera's eye cup must be removed prior to installation in the housing.
Differences in lens placement prevents other Canon camera models from being used in or adapted to this housing. We are not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
Ikelite DS Strobe Compatibility
Any Ikelite DS strobe may be used in manual exposure modes by attaching one or two with a compatible electrical sync cord. The following models of DS strobes may be used in TTL or manual exposure mode:
- Ikelite DS50 above serial # 70000
- Ikelite DS51
- Ikelite DS125 above serial # 5000
- Ikelite DS160, DS161
- Ikelite DS200 above serial # 7163
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
SEA&SEA, INON, and Retra strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobes
Older non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by electrical sync cord.
Strobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- DLM port mount
- Controls for all important camera functions; controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Slider, Multi-Controller (can be pressed straight in), Depth-of-Field Preview Button, Focus Mode Switch
- Ikelite flash bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) not including port
- 7.5 x 5.9 x 6 in (191 x 150 x 152 mm)
- ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetyl construction
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box (Housing only)
- Rear O-Ring # 0110 (installed)
- Front O-Ring # 0132.36 (installed)
- Waterproof bulkhead cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
In the Box (Kit with Port + Camera + 18-45mm Lens)
- Housing # 69742
- Dome Port # 5516.15
- Zoom Gear # 5509.14
- Canon EOS R10 Mirrorless Camera
- Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0110 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.36 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Kit for 1/2" Accessory Port # 47012 Pull a vacuum on the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 Dual tray for balanced handling and two attachment points for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.95 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter lever out to handle for more comfortable use.
- Cable Top Handle Grip # 4080.09 The most convenient way to carry the system when shooting with two strobe arms.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting under water. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos' color and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 45 ft (13m) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source. Read more about strobe options
Canon EOS R6 Mark II
Backscatter Mini Flash MF-2
Ikelite Housing for OM System OM-1
Plan Your Adventure >