by Jack Howard
Canon's just-announced 12.2-megapixel EOS Rebel XSi is a digital Rebel
through and through -- lightweight, compact, and packed with an
impressive feature set. It borrows and adapts a number of high-end EOS
SLR functions and adds a few tricks of its own:
• There's a 3-inch 230K dot LCD like the 1Ds Mark III
• It's the first Rebel with a Digic III processor.
• There's 14-bit A/D conversion.
• Highlight Tone Priority settings come to the Rebel line.
• It's got a 4% spot meter (hooray!)
• On-the-fly Lighting Optimization Technology can tweak photos in-camera to help challenging lighting situations.
• The burst rate jumps to 3.5 fps for 6 RAW or 45 JPEGS.
• It's the first EOS to take only SD cards -- no CF cards here!
• Like the EOS 1D Mark III, EOS 40D, and 1Ds Mark III, it has Live View Mode -- but this is the best yet
• Of course it's got a self-cleaning sensor.
Ikelite Housing for Sony ZV-E10
Nauticam M16 USB-C Bulkhead
Canon RF 10–20mm f/4 L IS STM
OM System TG-7
Plan Your Adventure >