Source: Gates Housings
Gates Underwater Housings has unveiled its Pro Action Housing, specially catered to capturing underwater action in a variety of scenarios, from scuba diving to freediving and surf applications. The new housing is compatible with RED’s Scarlet/Epic/Dragon (DSMC1) and Weapon/Raven/Scarlet-W (DSMC2) cameras as well as the ARRI ALEXA Mini.
Designed to be compact and travel friendly, the Pro Action Housing features an integrated pivoting ST5 rear monitor (for the Transvideo Starlite HD5 monitor/recorder), a seal check system to verify housing integrity, and support for both DSLR and small cinema PL lenses. The housing is compatible with the company’s new, compact 60-series ports as well as its standard 80-series ports.
Pricing is yet to be announced, but the housing will be available in the first quarter of next year.
Gates Underwater Products announces Pro Action Housing
A compact, cinema-caliber underwater housing for fast action acquisition
Poway, CA – 10 October 2016. Gates Underwater Products – home of the world’s most reliable underwater housings – today announces the Pro Action Housing.
Designed for one mission – underwater action – the Pro Action has purpose built features for “run and gun” scenarios. Like a sleek, small profile for the free diver pursuing bait balls. Or a surf shooter composing the perfect wave with Pro Action’s integrated, pivoting rear monitor.
Pro Action is multi-camera compatible with RED DSMC1, DSMC2 and ARRI ALEXA Mini – a bonus for natural history filmmakers.
“Customers have repeatedly asked for a nimble action rig,” says Pamela Mertz, Director of Sales, “and the Gates Pro Action delivers – surf, free dive, explore, and more.”
Pro Action is different from its workhorse siblings DEEP WEAPON and ALEXA MINI, which are exceedingly versatile across a variety of cinema, broadcast and commercial markets – the Swiss Army knife of housings. In contrast, Pro Action is a scalpel, targeted to the demands of professional action acquisition.
Signature Pro Action features:
- Integrated ST5 rear monitor pivots a full 90° for easy top and rear viewing;
- Clean, uncomplicated design. Simplicity = reliability;
- Multi camera compatibility with RED DSMC1, DSMC2 and ARRI Mini
- New Gates 60 series Precision Ports for no compromises image quality;
- Assignable button access on all supported cameras;
- ST5 access to Smart Corner assignables on the Transvideo HD5 OLED monitor.
- Extensive lens support with Gates unique Lens Gear Drive system;
- Adjustable Handle Grips for perfect hand positioning;
- Gates Seal Check II will verify housing integrity before entering the water.
By its nature, Pro Action is compact and travels easy, fitting comfortably in a carry-on size Pelican case with camera/monitor/battery neatly tucked inside for the trip. And various accessories extend Pro Action’s range from ‘pole cam’ shots of risky shark action.
- Pro Action Housing Price: To be announced
- Supported camera models: RED DSMC1/DSMC2, ARRI ALEXA Mini
- Availability: Q1 2017
Learn more at the Pro Action page.
Ikelite Housing for Sony ZV-E10
Nauticam M16 USB-C Bulkhead
Canon RF 10–20mm f/4 L IS STM
OM System TG-7
Plan Your Adventure >