Easydive is now shipping its new LeoR universal housing, which is compatible with a wide range of DSLR and mirrorless cameras, including Canon’s EOS 5D series, EOS R, R5, R6; Nikon’s D850, Z6/Z7, Z6 II/Z7 II; Panasonic’s GH5, S1, S1H, S1R; Sony a1, a7 series, a9 series, a6000 series; Leica’s SL series; Fujifilm’s GFX100S; and Blackmagic Design’s Pocket Cinema Camera series.
The LeoR uses Bluetooth to control the camera, like Easydive’s other universal housings in the Leo range, and nearly all controls are arranged on a single push-button panel accessible from the handle. The housing can be optionally configured with a rear panel that lights up at the touch of a button for night diving and low-visibility situations. In addition, unlike the Leo3 housing, the LeoR features an integrated OLED display that offers quick menu access and display of camera settings.
Made from aluminum and depth-rated to 150 meters (490 feet), the LeoR is a similar size to the Leo3, but Easydive has reduced the weight by around 500g (1.1lb). The housing can accommodate two Li-Ion 14.8V 3000mAh battery packs, and the redesigned power supply board can supply power to the housing, camera and accessories. By installing the optional HDMI-SDI3G converter, you have the option of dual SDI video outputs, one to an external monitor and the other to the surface via a cable.
The LeoR universal housing can be purchased directly from Easydive for €3,490 (with VAT).
The new LEOR Universal Housing is born from the collaboration with Pro in the sector and the experience of all Easydive staff.
Compatible with Black Magic Pocket Cinema cameras, but also with the Mirrorless and DSLR cameras of the main brands (see compatibility list).
The LeoR preserve all the winning features of the Leo3 series, which we added:
- Integrated OLED display.
- Retro lighting panel (*).
- Android application to configure and customize the LeoR.
- Predisposition for the installation of different accessories (*): Vacuum System, fiber optic trigger for flash, Bulkhead Nikonos for flash.
- Possibility to install an external monitor and connect a video output cable to the surface (*) via an HDMI - SDI 3G converter.
- New power supply system, which allows the use of two battery packs (*) for the power supply of the housing, the camera, and for all the accessories that can be installed.
Click on Configure your housing to find out all the available options.
Portholes and other accessories to buy separately (the images shown are purely demonstrative, to have a definitive price it is necessary to use the dedicated configurator).
(*) Optional implementable through the configurator.
€2.860,66 Ex. vat or €3.490,00 Inc. vat
During the purchase phase, VAT will NOT be added to the price for INTRA UE Companies and for all EXTRA UE customers
- "Lightness and Travel Friendly", the new LeoR is made from a block full of anticorodal aluminum. Its weight is about 500grams less than the Leo3, but maintaining the same dimensions.
- "Robustness", although it has been lightened, even in this case the operation is guaranteed up to -150m, with the life warranty * EasyDive.
- "Technology", LeoR is the result of over 20 years of experience in electronic control in underwater cases. In addition to the technologies implemented over the years on Leo Housings (USB / IR / Wi-Fi), the control via Bluetooth has been added to the Bluetooth and an integrated OLED display in housing that allows easy access to the menus and replica of the parameters of the cameras. The display is equipped with a "lighting sensor" that automatically adjusts the brightness of the OLED display and indicator LEDs and disables the backlight of the push-button panel in a situation of strong brightness.
- "Autonomy", the new LeoR can be equipped with two Li-Ion 14.8V 3000mAh battery packs. The new internal power supply board has been designed to supply power both to the camera and to all the accessories that can be installed. Only one battery for triggers, Vacuum System, illuminated panel and HDMI-SDI3G converter. If your camera does not have a USB charging option, you can still power it using a "fake" compatible battery.
- "Optional illuminated push-button panel, to meet once again to the needs of our customers, the main push-button panel lights up at the touch of the buttons, resulting visible even at night or in low visibility conditions. The pond lighting system with wireless power supply, allows you to easily remove the plate that stops the keys for normal maintenance. The duration of the backlight can be set through the dedicated application.
- "Director" thanks to the HDMI-SDI3G converter (optional), you can have a double SDI video output, one for the external monitor (optional) and the other to be used to send a video signal to the surface.
- "Custom Control", thanks to electronic control, unlike mechanical housings, you can quickly manage commands that normally require a more complex combination of mechanical buttons or access to the camera menu via touch screen can Being executed by pressing a simple button. In our software for BlackMagic, it was expected, for example, a single button to change both the video resolution and fps.
- "Wet contact magnetic buttons", the LeoR handle, allows you to have all the handy controls, 2 trigger fronts and 9 on the back. The switch button also allows you to increase the commands available.
- "Ergonomic handle" The ergonomics of the new LeoR is incredible, the handle allows quick access to all the main functions, without ever remove your hands from the housing.
- "Predispositions", LeoR has so many predispositions, in the lower part has 8 M5 holes (4 for removable support feet), 1 hole 1/4 '' 'en ° 1 hole 3/8 "centrally positioned for a possible tripod . There are also 2 M8 holes, in order to fix the bracket for the second handle. In the back of the display there are 6 other M4 holes in which it is possible to fix a hood or other accessories. Finally, at the top there are 5 M14X1 caps where it is possible to implement 2 SDI video output connectors, Vacuum System, and other possible solutions.
- "Connected", the new LeoR app, allows you to connect to the housing and best manage all available functions:
- Insert the pairing pin for the blackmagic directly from the phone display
- Customize the buttons feature function
- Update the housing software and add new cameras
- Adjust the housing parameters (backlight ignition time, on-off trigger, on-off converter, camera auxiliary power supply, etc.
NB: Standard functions are listed in the downloadable compatibility file at the top of page, other custom functions can be implemented upon request.
* The warranty is subject to an annual maintenance performed at EasyDive.
- Height: 230 mm.
- Handle width included: 305 mm.
- Depth: 145 mm.
- Porthole diameter: Ø105 mm.
- Weight: 3.5 kg
- Maximum depth guaranteed: 150 m
Ikelite Housing for Sony ZV-E10
Nauticam M16 USB-C Bulkhead
Canon RF 10–20mm f/4 L IS STM
OM System TG-7
Plan Your Adventure >