This year’s San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is now accepting submissions. As in previous editions, underwater filmmakers can submit their entries into two categories—up to 5 or 10 minutes duration—with a maximum of two submissions per person. For an entry to qualify, at least 50% of the film must be shot underwater.
And the good news is, unlike recent years, the organizers are planning to hold a physical rather than virtual event, which will take place at Qualcomm Hall in San Diego on October 1st.
Check out the press release below for more details.
The San Diego Undersea Film Exhibition (SDUFEX) is accepting entries for its 2022 film festival from now through June 15.
For the first time in three years, we plan to hold an "in-person" film exhibition again! The film festival will be held Saturday, October 1, 2022, at Qualcomm Hall in San Diego. The festival will also be a hybrid event with some films available online.
- All Films Must Contain at Least 50% Underwater Footage
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway no later than June 15, 2022
- A maximum of two films (total) per filmmaker can be submitted.
Films can be submitted in two categories:
- Up to 5 Minutes | No more than 5 minutes in length with at least 50% of the footage filmed underwater. The majority of films selected for SDUFEX will be in this category. We encourage film makers to submit the best version of their film, even if it's well under 5 min. Many of our best films are only 2-3 minutes long – longer does not always mean better.
- Up to 10 Minutes | 5 to 10 minutes in length with at least 50% of the footage filmed underwater. In this category we are looking for films that tell a story. Films will only be selected for this category if they are narrated. Please note that a maximum of three films in this category may be selected.
For full details and to submit films please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/SanDiegoUnderSeaFilmExhibition
Ikelite Housing for OM System OM-1
AOI Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 III
Plan Your Adventure >