November 2012 Photo Contest
For the November monthly contest we took a break from marine underwater photography and entered the glamorous world of fashion.
And today, DPG is very proud to announce the winners of our November Monthly Photo Contest. The theme for the month was “Fashion” and the winner of a free subscription to Scuba Diver-Through the Lens magazine is Nicholas Samaras.
Nicholas captured the judges’ votes with is strikingly simple image of a model against a black background. The judges were impressed by the simplicity, color and tone of the image.
Second place went to Jean-Luc Truijens for a beautifully composed image of a mirror reflection titled “Narcissus.” George Rigoutsos nabbed third place with his shot of a model in a red dress swimming through a stunning sun ball.
As always, a big thank you to our all-star team of judges, who help sift through hundreds of images each month- DPG editors Matt Weiss and Joseph Tepper, Keri Wilk, Jeff De Guzman, Steve De Neef, Tobias Friedrich and Mark Fuller.
Congrats to the winners and all who entered—and make sure to submit your best macro shots to the January monthly contest, open now!
- October 2021Theme: DPG/Wetpixel Masters 2021
- July 2020Theme: Share Our Air (Togetherness)
- July 2020Theme: Share Our Air (Divers)
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Digital Ocean Photo Art
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Rejuvenation
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Youth
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Clean Our Ocean
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Human Interaction
- June 2020Theme: WOD2020: Above Water Seascapes
Plan Your Adventure >