Guadalupe Island - Great White Sharks 2010
|Expedition Dates:||August 27, 2010 - August 31, 2010|
|Destination:||Guadalupe Island, Mexico|
|Cost:||$2,900 (ONE SOLO MALE SPOT AVAILABLE) Sold Out|
Join DivePhotoGuide publisher Jason Heller on a special DPG Expedition to photograph the Great White sharks in the clear blue waters of Guadalupe Island.
Gudalupe Island, Mexico: August 2010
Guadalupe Island, Mexico hosts one of the most prolific populations of great white sharks in the world – plus it is in clear blue water, unique for this type of experience.
This gives photographers the ultimate great white shark cage diving experience. The diving is strictly from a hookah line attached to the boat. Solmar operates 2 four person cages, using a proprietary swivel system which hooks to the swim platform making it very easy and safe to get in and out of the cages. We will each get about four hours per day cage time – in other words, plenty of photo opportunities.
Plus, Solmar is one of the only liveaboards to offer a two person submersible cage, which allows us to descend a little further into the realm of the great white shark. The submersible cage lowers to 30' below the surface of the water, providing a completely different perspective to capture great white shark images or video, completely surrounded on all sides by these magnificent creatures in clear blue water. A safety diver escorts one diver at a time on these 20 minute rides. Divers who wish to experience the submersible cage will be rotated as many times as conditions will allow.
- Great Whites in clear blue water - the combination for striking images
- Two 4 person surface cages, rotate every hour - so LOTS of time in the cages
- Submersible cage that goes to 30 feet
- For the surface cages, it is not limited to certified divers - so if you have a family member, or friends who want to come along for a unique experience, they can get in the cage
This is an easy 5 day itinerary
DAY 1: A luxury motor coach will pick us up at the Holiday Inn San Diego Downtown at 9 AM and transfer us to Ensenada, Mexico. We will arrive at the Solmar V by 12 noon with immediate departure to Guadalupe Island.
DAY 2: Arrive early morning to Guadalupe Island and after setting up the cages and starting the chum line, we start rotating teams into the cages. Cage diving all day.
We recommend arranging your flights after 8 PM, or the next day.
Price is $2,900 + 10% Mexican Tax, per person
- Three meals per day (gourmet dining daily and wine with dinner) + soft drinks & beer
- Cage diving to our hearts' content
- Round-trip luxury motor coach transfers from San Diego to Ensenada and back to San Diego
Prices above do NOT include:
- One night hotel in San Diego
- Dive equipmet
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips for the crew
- Trip insurance, which we highly recommend for any exotic dive travel package such as this
Space is limited, and our trips sell out very quickly. A completed application and a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 are required to reserve your spot. To request an application or for more information about our 2010 Guadalupe Great White Shark expedition, please email us at email@example.com
View Larger Map
Plan Your Adventure >