- Diving in Your Backyard: LisbonThe Portuguese capital isn’t just for sun, sea and surf!
- The Majestic Paglugaban Underwater Cave SystemRam Yoro grapples with the beauty of the Philippines’ grandest cave
- Freediving the Wrecks of Truk LagoonChase Weir takes us into Truk’s historical wrecks on a single breath
- Wakayama: Diving the Land of Water and FireIf you don’t believe in undiscovered places, prepare to be surprised
- Truk Lagoon: Bipolar Diving in a Living MuseumAndrew Marriott reveals the incredible diversity of diving here
- Freediving the Magical Depths of SiladenPepe Arcos asks: What makes a great freediving photo/video location?
- The Vortex: Fast Boat to the Socorro IslandsThe Socorro Vortex’s maiden voyage to Mexico’s Revillagigedo Islan
- Diving in the Land of the Pharaohs with Blue HorizonSimon Spear reports on a week of spectacular dives in the Red Sea
- An Underwater Photographer’s Guide to the Great Barrier ReefJulia Sumerling introduces the planet’s largest living structure
- The Kei Islands: Indonesia’s Forgotten IslandsPatrick Neumann takes us to a remote corner of the Banda Sea
- Underwater Photography Bliss in Fiji at VolivoliBrandi Mueller returns to Fiji and finds photo opportunities galore
- Sipadan and Beyond with SeaventuresClimb aboard “The Rig” for Borneo’s best imaging opportunities
- An Underwater Photographer’s First Trip to Tiger BeachBrandi Mueller adds some toothy subjects to her portfolio
- On the Hunt for Orcas in Arctic NorwayJoe Tepper travels to the Arctic Circle to photograph killer whales
- Milford Sound: New Zealand’s Unique Dive DestinationBrush off the cold and discover unusual underwater photo opportunities
- Filming Wakatobi: A Wide-Angle and Macro ParadiseDan Norwood gets pampered while capturing Wakatobi on video
- Diving the Nuclear Fleet at Bikini Atoll with Master LiveaboardsTech divers can now visit wrecks from a notorious period in history
- Photographing the Sperm Whales of DominicaOff to the Sargasso Sea to find the ocean’s largest toothed whale
- My First Great Whites with Solmar VLia Barrett hops aboard the legendary boat for jaw-some encounters
- An Underwater Photographer’s Guide to PalauEverything you need to know about this Micronesian dive spot
- An Underwater Photographer’s Guide to AnilaoDive into this diverse marine environment with Beth Watson
- An Underwater Photographer’s Guide to the GalápagosThe Galápagos is an all-in-one destination for big animal photography
- Yap: A Little Island with Big AdventuresFrancesca Diaco heads to a tiny island for a giant adventure
- Found in Transition: Diving Komodo to Alor on ArenuiTransition liveaboard itineraries offer ultimate diversity
- Mission Briefing: Off the Chart in MyanmarCitizen science and amazing photo ops in the Andaman Sea
- Fine Diving and Dining at Siladen ResortDiscover the flavors this luxury Indonesian resort has to offer
- Lembeh Lucky: Hitting the Jackpot at Lembeh ResortLearn why this destination always delivers for macro photographers
- Rediscovering the Similans and Surins Aboard the MV HallelujahDPG Photo Editor and new mom Lia Barrett returns to her old turf
- Exploring New Zealand’s North IslandGrant Thomas gets to know his new home and its underwater inhabitants
- Discovering the Solomon Islands with the Master Liveaboards FleetHead to one of photography’s final frontiers for true adventure
Useful information and inside tips for traveling underwater photographers and videographers. Become a savvy traveler.
Every dive destination has its unique flora, fauna and associated photo opportunities. The DPG team reports on the specific photo opportunities and how to maximize your productivity at each destination.
Detailed reports about some of the best underwater photography destinations by accomplished photographers
We bring you the world's best dive sites for underwater photography. From Darwin's Arch to Blue Corner and everything in between, you'll recognize the name, but we will show you what you need to know to get the best shots.
Plan Your Adventure >