The organizers of the Seventh Annual United Nations World Oceans Day Photo Competition have decided to extend the deadline to give entrants an extra weekend to submit their images: The deadline is now May 3, 2020 at 12 midnight Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Co-organized by the UN Office of Legal Affairs, Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea, DPG, and various other organizations, the prestigious contest aims to discover stunning images that send positive messages about the importance and beauty of our oceans. The winning pictures will be recognized at the United Nations’ event marking World Oceans Day 2020 on June 8.
The competition has 10 thematic categories open for submissions:
- NEWInnovation for a Sustainable Ocean
- Underwater Seascapes
- Underwater Life
- Above Water Seascapes
- Human Interaction: Making a Difference
- Clean Our Ocean – Images relating to the ocean that show the positive or negative consequences of human interference above or below the waterline
- NEWDigital Ocean Photo Art
- Youth – Open category for photographers under 18 years of age as of 1 May 2020
- NEWScience in Action: Ocean Decade 2021–2030 category
Read more about the competition and the contest rules here, or click below to enter now.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >