Product #1107: TTL converter for Nauticam NA-A7 housing (for Sony a7/a7R)
UW Technics has announced two new optoelectronic TTL converters compatible with Nauticam housings for Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras. The first converter is designed for the Nauticam NA-A7 for Sony’s first-generation a7 and a7R, while the second converter works with the second-generation NA-A7II (for the a7II, a7RII and a7SII) and third-generation NA-A7RIII (for the a7III and a7RIII), as well as the NA-A9 for the Sony a9.
Like the company’s TTL converters for Nauticam’s housings for Panasonic cameras, the user-installable devices can be used in both TTL and manual modes with various Ikelite, Inon, Sea&Sea, and Subtronic strobes. Optical TTL and Electrical TTL triggering methods are available separately or simultaneously.
Shipping now, the TTL converters are each priced at $450. UW Technics has confirmed that TTL converters for the Sony a6000 line are in the works.
UW Technics ships TTL converters for Sony cameras for Nauticam NA-A7…A9 housings.
This new product line from UW Technics company includes SONY compatible TTL circuitry. There are 2 versions of internal TTL converters for underwater housings purposed for A7 and A9 family cameras. The next line, for A6000 and A6500 cameras, is on the way now.
- UW Technics products #11075 / #11071 offer TTL and Manual exposure control of underwater strobes
- Easy user installation into Nauticam underwater housing
- Products support most popular underwater strobes: Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea, Subtronic
- MSRP - $450
Product #11075: TTL converter for Nauticam NA-A7II, NA-A7RIII, NA-A9, and NA-A7IV housings (for Sony a7 II, a7R II, a7S II, a7R III, a7 III, a7 IV, and a9)
The combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electrical TTL system is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy and takes around 1 minute. A user’s Manual is included with the circuit.
Easy control via the camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching TTL / M, 1-st / 2-nd Curtain, Slow sync, +/– Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash Intensity Adjustment in M mode, Flash «Off» etc.
Special feature for M mode: Flash intensity adjustment in M mode, using camera wheel and camera scale
TTL circuit firmware has a special module which allows the photographer to use 3 variants of M mode, including both classic method and advanced methods. Advanced control allows the user to adjust underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale (approximately 1/64 to 1/1). In this case, the photographer does not need to operate the dial switches on the strobe body, and can just keep their hands on the housing, switch M mode and set the flash intensity via the camera controls.
Tests showed fantastic TTL accuracy in a wide range of camera settings. The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL profile for each strobe type: Inon Z330, Z240, S2000; Ikelite DS161, DS160; Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard miniaturу 10-position rotary switch.
No mechanical switch ON / OFF
UW Technics TTL Converters don’t need any On/Off external switch. The device switches On/Off automatically by camera command. This is a very comfortable feature for the user, as there is no need to think about switching the device and a mechanical switch on the housing is not required.
Incredibly long battery life
Battery life is 5 years in continuous working mode. Products have micro current consumption from a pair of CR2032 batteries and automatic On/Off switch. User need not be concerned about the battery life of the device during a dive trip.
Specifications of TTL Converter:
- Compatible photo cameras: product #11071 - Sony A7 / A7R
product #11075 - Sony A7 II / A7R II / A7S II / A7 R III / A7 III / A7 IV / A9
- Compatible underwater housing: Nauticam
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z 330, Z 240, S 2000;
Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1,YS-D2;
Ikelite DS161, DS160;
Subtronic Pro 270, Pro 160.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): approximately 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: yes
- “Flash Off” mode: yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: automatic by camera command
- Battery: CR2032 (2 pcs.)
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.1 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26216, #26217
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Electric Bulkhead type (optional accessory): Nikonos-V, Ikelite, S-6
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >