UW Technics has announced a new TTL converter compatible with Sea&Sea MDX housings for Canon and Nikon cameras. Two versions of the optoelectronic converter are available—a model for Canon cameras and a model for Nikon cameras.
The user-installable device can be used in both TTL and manual modes with a variety of Ikelite, Inon, Sea&Sea, and Subtronic strobe models. Both optical and electrical triggering is possible when used with the appropriate bulkhead. With a pair of dual cables—optical or electrical—it’s possible to control up to four strobes simultaneously. Optical TTL and Electrical TTL triggering methods are available separately or simultaneously.
Shipping now, the UW Technics TTL converter for Sea&Sea costs $495.
UW Technics ships TTL converter compatible with Sea&Sea underwater housings
UW Technics releases Optoelectronic TTL converters for Canon and Nikon cameras, compatible with Sea&Sea underwater housings
- Device offers TTL and Manual exposure control of underwater strobes.
- New board is easy user installation into the underwater housing
- Product firmware includes TTL-profiles of most popular underwater strobes: INON, IKELITE, SEA&SEA, SUBTRONIC.
- Both types of synchronization (Optical and Electric) are supported by the circuit
- MSRP - $450.
This product line from UW Technics includes 2 versions of TTL circuitry for Sea&Sea underwater housings.
TTL Converter #11044 supports all Canon cameras, TTL Converter #11043 supports all Nikon cameras, independently of model and TTL protocol version.
This is a combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electrical TTL systems on a single board, with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously. Some photographers prefer Optical TTL for modern underwater strobe control; others use classic electrical TTL control via sync cords. Both categories of users can apply their favorite methods. All optical and electrical bulkheads on the housing can be used even simultaneously with a variety of underwater strobes.
Onboard powerful LED’s TTL system maintains very accurate TTL control via fiber optical cables. Photographer can relax and rely on automatic flash exposure control. The LED module is purposed for connection to Sea&Sea standard housing optical bulkheads. Single and dual fiber cables are supported. Using a pair of dual fiber optical cable photographer can control 4 underwater strobes simultaneously via optical TTL. Optical LED unit is included in the standard set of TTL Converter.
Onboard Electric TTL system maintains the same perfect accuracy of TTL control via electric Sea&Sea cables. Single and dual electric cables are supported at each output. Using a pair of dual electric cables photographer can control 4 underwater strobes in TTL simultaneously. Electric Sea&Sea style cable-connector for bulkhead connection to the board is an optional product, can be purchased separately.
The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL-profile for each strobe type: Inon Z330, Z240, D2000; Ikelite DS-161 / 160; Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard 10-position rotary switch.
All Canon / Nikon cameras are compatible
In both products #11044 / #11043 the TTL protocol is developed very accurately and flexible. All Canon / Nikon cameras are compatible, independently of model and TTL protocol version, including newest 5Dm4, D850 and D500, etc. User does not need firmware updates anymore, he can use such board with a variety of cameras/strobes, even in the future.
Long battery life
Product has microcurrent consumption from a pair of miniature batteries CR1220. Incredible battery life, – 1 year of continuous work. This version TTL Converter does not need any mechanical On/Off switch, it uses camera commands for this aim.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy (using 2 bolts) and takes around 1 minute. Printed User’s Manual is included with the circuit. User manual also available online.
Easy control via camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including switching TTL/M, 1st/2nd curtain, adjustment +/- flash exposure compensation, flash: Off, manual flash power adjustment, etc. Camera menu for flash control is fully workable with the product, all those commands are included into TTL Converter firmware.
Special feature: Strobe light power advanced adjustment in manual mode
Comfortable manual control for underwater strobe M mode, using camera wheel and camera scale 1/64….1/1
TTL Converter firmware includes special module, which allows the photographer to use 3 variants of M mode, including classic method and advanced method as well. Advanced control method allows user to adjust underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale 1/64 ….. 1/1 (Full). This case photographer does not need to operate any dial switches on the strobe body; he can just keep hands on the housing, switch M mode and set the flash intensity by camera controls, comfortably shooting in M mode.
- Compatible photo cameras: All Nikon cameras (#11043 board), all Canon cameras (#11044 board)
- Compatible underwater housing: Latest generation of Sea&Sea MDX housings
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z-330, Z-240, D-2000; Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1,YS-D2; Ikelite DS-161, DS-160; Subtronic Pro-270, Pro-160
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 2 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: Yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: Yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: Yes
- “Flash Off” mode: Yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: Yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: Automatic by camera command
- Battery: CR1220 x2
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.1 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26616, Sea&Sea, HowShot 613L
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea
- Compatible Electric Bulkhead type (optional): Sea&Sea (Nikonos-V type)
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >