UW Technics has announced their first TTL converter for Panasonic mirrorless cameras, which can be used in both TTL and manual modes with a variety of Ikelite, Inon, Sea&Sea, and Subtronic strobe models. Designed to be user-installed in Nauticam housings and powered from the camera’s hotshoe, the converter offers both optical and electrical outputs in concert with the relevant bulkhead.
The UW Technics TTL converter is shipping now with an MSRP of $380. The company offers various other optoelectronic TTL converters for Nikon, Canon, and Olympus cameras that are designed for Nauticam, Hugyfot, Isotta, and Sealux housings.
UW Technics ships TTL converter for PANASONIC mirrorless cameras
UW Technics releases optoelectronic TTL Converter for PANASONIC mirrorless cameras version for Nauticam underwater housings.
- Device offers TTL and manual exposure control of underwater strobes.
- Easy user installation into an underwater housing.
- Product is compatible with Inon, Ikelite, Sea&Sea and Subtronic strobes.
- MSRP - $380.
The new product line from UW Technics is devoted to PANASONIC compatible TTL circuitry. It includes a few versions of internal TTL Converters.
The combined circuit, consisting of Optical TTL and Electrical TTL system is on a single board with both triggering methods available both separately or simultaneously.
Onboard powerful LED system maintains fine accuracy of TTL control via fiber optical cables. Photographer can relax and rely on automatic flash exposure control. Optional electric bulkheads
The electric bulkhead with MicroMatch connector is available in 3 variants: Nikonos-V, Ikelite style, S6 style. It can be easily connected to an onboard socket. Dual electric cables (Sea&Sea, Ikelite) at this TTL output are supported.
The newest firmware contains an accurate TTL curve for each strobe type: Z330 / Z240, D2000, DS-161 / 160, YS-D1, YS-D2, YS-250, Pro-270. Strobe type can be easily set by onboard 10-position rotary switch.
No onboard battery required
TTL Converter #11076 does not need an onboard battery or mechanical On/Off switch. The product has microcurrent consumption from camera hotshoe pin.
Easy User Installation
Installation is very easy for users and takes around 15 sec. Full instructions are supplied with the circuit.
Comfortable control via camera menu
TTL circuit is fully controllable via camera menu, including TTL / M switching, 2nd Curtain mode, +/- Flash Exposure Compensation, Flash Off, etc.
Special feature: Manual flash settings for underwater strobe via camera scale
TTL circuit firmware has a special module, which allows the user to adjust underwater strobe light intensity manually via camera scale 1/64 ….. Full. Photographer does not need to operate dial switches on the strobe body; he can keep hands on the housing, switch M mode and set flash intensity by camera controls, comfortably shooting in M mode.
- Compatible photo cameras: Panasonic GH5 / GH5s
- Compatible underwater housing: Nauticam NA-GH5
- Compatible strobes: Inon Z-330, Z-240, D-2000; Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, YS-D2; Ikelite DS-161, DS-160; Subtronic Pro-270.
- TTL outputs onboard: 2 optical + 1 electric
- (+/- Ev) “Flash Exposure compensation” adjustment: Yes
- “TTL / M” mode switching: Yes
- Manual Adjustment of strobe intensity (by camera controls in “M” mode): 1/64…..Full
- 1-st / 2-nd curtain mode: Yes
- “Flash Off” mode: Yes
- Continuous (serial) shooting mode: Yes
- Switching power “On/Off”: Automatic by camera command
- Battery: No battery required
- Current consumption (in standby mode): 0.01 mkA
- Compatible Fiber-optic cable type: Nauticam #26616
- Compatible Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite, Subtronic, Subal
- Compatible Dual Electric cable: Sea&Sea, Ikelite
- Electric Bulkhead type (optional accessory): Nikonos-5, Ikelite, S-6
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >