Sea & Sea has just released a formal announcement regarding their housing for the Sony a6300.
The Sea & Sea MDX-A6300 is the latest housing for one of the year’s most desirable mirrorless cameras. Among the new features, a few stand out. First, the housing features two bulkhead ports that can be used either as standard sync cables or to connect a video monitor or a vacuum leak system.
Another DSLR-like feature on the housing is the inclusion of an external port lock and release. With this, you can swap lenses and ports between dives without the hassle of removing the housing’s back. Finally, the housing provides access to the camera’s tilting LCD screen for easier viewing from low angles.
The housing is currently available with a price tag of $1799.95. For more information, consult the press release below.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
MDX-a6300 HOUSING for Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- Two (2) Accessory Ports. Accessory ports may be used for vacuum leak system, sync cable, or a video monitor.
- External Port Lock and Lens Release. Conveniently switch lenses between dives without removing the housing back. Activate the Port Lock on the front of housing and push the Lens Release for quick and easy lens swap.
- LCD Tilt and Monitor Hood. The Camera’s LCD display monitor can be tilted 10O for easier viewing allowance. Monitor hood may be used (optional)
- Luminescent Buttons. Easily view controls in low light conditions.
- Accessory Compatibility. Easily attach Sea Arm 8 Camera Tray and Grip for a compact system. Compatible with NX* and ML ports.
- Equipped with two (2) Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets
- Equipped with two (2) accessory ports
- Equipped with two (2) Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (front/rear)
- Built-In Leak Detector Sensor (optional)
- Body: Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Alloy (machined)
- Depth Rating: 75m / 330ft
- Dim. (WxHxD): 195 x 125 x 100mm 7.7 x 4.9 x 3.9inch
- Weight: Approx. 1,265g / 44.6oz (housing only, w/ grip)
- Compatible with SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, Fiber-Optic Cable II, ML Handstrap, Vacuum Pump System (TBA)
ITEM NO: SS-06182
DESCRIPTION: MDX-a6300 Housing for Sony Alpha a6300 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >