Italian company ONEUW has joined the select club of underwater strobe manufacturers with the release of the ONE160x. Machined from aluminum and hard-anodized, the strobe features a circular flash tube with a maximum output of 157Ws.
In addition to manual mode, the flash offers Nikon i-TTL, Canon E-TTL, and s-TTL protocols and can be triggered via an S6 electrical connection or fiber-optic cable. The company claims that the NiMH battery pack, when fully charged, will provide a minimum of 250 flashes at full power. Full specifications are available on the ONEUW website.
The ONE160x strobe ships from mid-November, and is priced at €1,468 excluding taxes and duties.
ONE160x New Underwater Digital Strobe
The reference tool for your creativity
Cividale del Friuli, November 5, 2018 – ONEUW Srl is pleased to present ONE160x, an innovative digital underwater strobe designed to meet, without compromise, the demands of underwater photographers considering light as an essential and creative tool for the realization of images.
A power suitable for wide angle photos, even backlit, or the most technical macro, without any need to increase native ISO on your digital cameras. A high-‐quality light without any compromise, with a wide, uniform coverage and a slightly warm color temperature. A modern, highly efficient electronics, versatile in use, with synchro cable and fiber-‐optic cable connections, supported by on-‐board TTL digital protocols. A strobe simple to use, with ergonomic controls, with easy-‐to-‐read settings. A quality product, extremely robust and reliable.
These are the guidelines, suggested and shared by you photographers, of a project and realization entirely Made in Italy where electronic and mechanical technology reach levels of excellence.
We have paid particular attention to the Human Machine Interface to make the use of our unit easy, simple and intuitive. The quality of the materials and components, the high standard of workmanship is visible in every detail of ONE160X.
Controls layout and inverted display mode Easy to use, logical and intuitive operation. Perfect readability. An exclusive solution
Lighting: Circular flash lamp, parabolic reflector and dome port. The best light to paint your images
Key Features Overview
- Maximum energy 157 Ws (J)
- Guide Number 20 (ISO100 – 1m – full power) with a coverage angle of 130°
- i-TTL Nikon, E-TTL Canon, s-TTL optical fiber, on-board digital protocols
- Double CPU for TTL protocols and power circuits
- Circular flash lamp, warm coating, on parabolic reflector dome port
- LED coaxial pilot light with two power levels and AF assistance mode
- High-quality hard anodized anticorrosion aluminum strobe body with quartz coating
- Extremely strong construction, maximum operating depth 200 m
- High capacity removable NiMH battery pack, more than 250 flashes at full power
- Sealed battery compartment with a safety valve in the closing cap
- Input by S6 synchro cable socket, Sea&Sea fiber-optic cable socket, slave sensor
- Large size ergonomic controls, really easy to operate
- Wide control display with inverted mode
- Energy control – manual mode – at ½ f-‐stop increments over a range of – 6
- Exposure compensation – TTL mode – at ⅓ f-stop increments over a range of +/– 2
Pricing and Availability
The new strobe ONE160x will be available starting from mid-November 2018.
The retail price is 1.468,00 € – VAT, local taxes and duties excluded.
Dealer inquiries are welcome!
ONEUW is a dynamic Italian craft company born from twenty years of experience acquired in the marketing of equipment for underwater photography.
We design with a constant attention to the research of technologically innovative and high-performance solutions, in compliance with priority parameters such as robustness and reliability.
We produce and assemble our components with a rigorous and maniacal quality control using qualified partners and suppliers. Making high-quality products with high technological value, simple and reliable, tools that allow you with your imagination to create the most beautiful images.
This is our mission.
For more information please visit www.oneuw.com.
ONEUW S.r.l. – Viale Trieste 208/2 – 33043 Cividale del Friuli UD – Italy
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >