Nauticam has announced a new housing for the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II, the successor to one of Canon’s most popular compacts. The Mark I was hindered by a very slow continuous shooting speed of just 1fps, which has been improved greatly—to 8fps—by the new processor in the Mark II.
As well as full control over the camera’s functions, the NA-G7XMKII boasts various features found on Nauticam’s DSLR housings, including hard-anodized aluminum construction, leak alarm and vacuum monitoring system, and a two-stage shutter release that differentiates the half press and full press. The housing employs the company’s N50 port system, with the standard port, supplied with the housing, offering a 67mm thread for macro wet lenses.
The housing is shipping now at an MSRP of $1,100 in the U.S.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
A Faster G7X!
Nauticam NA-G7XMKII, Model Number 17324. Available Now!
Nauticam is pleased to unveil NA-G7XMKII, the premier underwater housing available for Canon G7X Mark II. G7X Mark II camera stands out from a crowded class of advanced compact cameras thanks to its overall image quality, snappy autofocus, excellent manual white balance, and useful built in macro mode. This impressive feature set, paired with the most ergonomic, rugged, and easy to use underwater housing available forms a perfect underwater imaging combination.
The Canon G7X Mark II Camera
G7X Mark II is the latest large sensor "Powershot" compact camera using the popular 1" sensor size. This 20 megapixel Back Side Illuminated (BSI) CMOS sensor is paired with a best in class, fast 24-100m zoom lens. This lens is extremely fast for a compact camera, with a maximum aperture of f/1.8 at wide angle, and f/2.8 at telephoto. A new processor offers performance improvements across the specification range, most notably in continuous RAW shooting speed (increased from 1 fps to 8!). Numerous tweaks to the control layout, body form factor, and control interface have taken an already very good compact to the next level.
The Nauticam NA-G7XMKII Housing
NA-G7XMKII is the latest iteration in a lineup of advanced housings for very capable compact cameras supported by Nauticam. Many features found on professional DSLR systems have been integrated into this system, and the result is an underwater housing that allows the user to harness the full potential of this advanced compact camera in water. The basic functions and ergonomic enhancements that Nauticam users have grown to know and love are incorporated in NA-G7XMKII. The housing is machined from a solid block of aluminum, then hard anodized to seal out corrosive salt water. It is closed via a simple, yet secure locking rotary latch. The right side of the housing is sculpted to fit the palm of the user's hand, and Nauticam's two-stage shutter release lever provides clear differentiation between the half press and full press shutter release positions. All functions are clearly labeled.
The Nauticam leak alarm and vacuum monitoring system is installed as standard equipment. This system provides an audible and visual alert to any water entry in the housing, and when combined with an accessory M14 Vacuum Valve (#25624) the water tight integrity of the system can be tested before ever entering the water and monitored during every dive.
Expert product design, modern manufacturing techniques, top quality materials backed by a two year warranty, and a critical focus on the user experience combine to produce the premier system for Canon Powershot G7X Mark II. The Nauticam NA-G7XMKII.
The N50 Port System
The NA-G7X Mark II "Standard" Port
Supplied with the housing, this port allows full zoom through and features a 67mm threaded front for attaching accessory macro lenses (or even better, a flip adaptor!). Ideal for mid-range fish portraiture style shooting, close-up, and macro with add on wet-lenses.
N50 Short Port with M67 Thread for Wide Angle Lenses (#38701)
An optional accessory offering precise placement of wide lenses very close to the camera's lens at its native wide angle zoom position range. Zoom through is not available with this port, but it does offer the widest coverage possible with minimal vignetting for wide angle photography.
N50 3.5” Acrylic Dome Port (#38702)
A dome port solution, restoring the in-air field of view of the lens. This is a lightweight configuration that offers a surprisingly wide angle of coverage at a very economical price point.
Rotary Locking Latch & Drop in Camera Loading
An oversized rotary latch seals the housing, and securely locks in place without risk of accidental opening.
No control functions need to be preset or aligned when installing the camera, it simply drops into the housing and is ready to use.
Sculpted, Sensitive Shutter Release
The Nauticam exclusive 2-stage shutter lever system provides outstanding feel of the half press and full press positions of the G7X Mark II shutter release button.
Cold Shoe and M10 Accessory Mount
Accessory mounting points, ideal for a focus light and other accessories.
Stainless Steel Handle Brackets & Shutter Release Extension
Stiffening handle brackets and an oversized "trigger" style shutter release lever are included with the housing as standard equipment. Combined with a Nauticam Flexitray or Flexitray W (optional), these brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards and other accessories. The shutter release extension is ideal for use in cold water with thick gloves.
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-G7XMKII as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (PN 25624), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
WWL-1 Wet Wide Lens (#83201)
Fully optimized for in water use, WWL-1 provides the sharpest overall image quality available in a compact underwater imaging system. WWL-1 is designed to be used with the G7X Mark II camera zoomed to its 28mm focal length, and at that zoom setting offers a 130 deg diagonal field of view.
CMC-1 (#81301) and CMC-2 (#81302) Macro Lenses
Like WWL-1, both of the Compact Macro Converter lenses are matched to compact camera zoom lenses, and designed for use in water. These are not simple diopters, they are purpose built macro tools that offer the best image quality and auto focus performance possible with very high magnifications. CMC-1 is capable of capturing an image area just 23mm wide on the G7X Mark II Camera!
M67 Flip Adaptors
Both single (#25101) and double (#25108) flip adaptors allow accessory macro lenses to be mounted instantly without fumbling with a threaded attachment. The G7X Mark II, combined with the premier macro optics from Nauticam, forms the ultimate compact closeup system!
LCD Magnifier with Dioptric Adjustment (#25106) and Attachment Rails (#25123)
An invaluable accessory for far sighted users, this LCD magnifier allows the full 3" LCD screen to be clearly viewed for confirmation of fine focus and critical framing.
- 25624 M14 Vacuum Valve Enables vacuum check system, allowing for predive check of watertight integrity
- 71206 Easitray II Simple tray with comfortable rubberized hand grips
- 71207 Flexitray II Adjustable tray with comfortable rubberized hand grips
- 71209 Flexitray II W Wider Flexitray, also allows for tripod use
- 71208 Right Handle Right handle for Easitray or Flexitray
- 71311 Ball for Easi/Flexitray 1" Mounting ball for either tray, allows mounting strobes/lights using Nauticam arms/clamps
- 36316 Compact Handstrap Comfortable handstrap for right side of housing
- 36323 Long Handstrap Longer version of handstrap for larger hands
- 25106 LCD Magnifier Enlarge the view of the LCD; easy to see in bright sun, and can adjust diopter
- 25123 LCD Magnifier Rails Allows installation of LCD Magnifier
- 25221 M10 ball Mount point for lighting hardware
- 25514 Ball adapter (Inon) Allows mounting of Inon strobe
- various Arms/Clamps Nauticam mounting hardware
- various Carbon fiber buoyancy arms Arm that provides extra buoyancy to offset heavy lights or strobes
- 26214 Fiber optic cable for Inon Strobe Allows fast, accurate automatic flash exposure (TTL) over fiber, with no sync cables to flood or corrode
- 26215 Fiber optic cable for Sea&Sea strobe Allows fast, accurate automatic flash exposure (TTL) over fiber, with no sync cables to flood or corrode
- 38022 Diffuser for Built in Flash Eliminates shadowing from the lens port when using the internal flash
- 90135 Replacement Housing O-Ring Housing o-ring (I.D.=110mm, C.S.=2.5mm) For NA-RX100III/RX100IV/G7X/G7XII
- 83201 WWL-1 Wet Wide Lens (130 deg field of view)
- 81301 CMC-1 Compact Macro Converter, capturing image area 23mm wide
- 81302 CMC-2 Updated easier to use CMC, capturing image area 31mm wide
N50 Port System
- 38701 N50 Short Port with M67 Thread for accessory wide angle lenses
- 38702 N50 3.5" Acrylic Dome Port restores in air field of view of built in zoom lens
Lens Adaptors & Holders
- 25101 M67 Flip Macro Lens Holder Enables quick installation and removal of the CMC
- 25108 Nauticam M67 Double Flip Holder for 67mm Macro Ports Ideal for macro dives with both CMC-1 and CMC-2
- 83213 M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter allows quick mounting of macro and wide angle accessory lenses
- 83222 Bayonet Lens Holder for mounting accessory lenses on light arms when not in use
- 25511 M67 Lens Holder for mounting accessory lenses on light arms when not in use
Details and Specifications
Depth Rating: 100m
Weight: 900 g
Dimensions: 150mm x 103mm x 110mm (W x H x D)
Model Number: 17324
More information is available from Nauticam at: www.nauticam.com
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >