Isotta has unveiled its new housing for the Nikon D780, announced at the beginning of the year. The midrange full-frame DSLR offers a 24.5MP BSI-CMOS sensor, 7fps burst shooting, and 4K/30p and 1080/120p video with no crop.
Finished in Isotta’s signature red paint, the anodized aluminum housing features important camera controls arranged around integrated adjustable handles, the company’s innovative single latch closing mechanism, double O-ring seals on all buttons, and moisture alarm. Strobe triggering is via fiber-optic connections or via Nikonos or S6 sync cords.
The housing has an MSRP of €2,820 (including 22% VAT). It is available for pre-order from Backscatter, but US pricing is yet to be determined.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the product mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Isotta Underwater Camera Housing for Nikon D780
Castelnuovo del Garda (VR), Italy, August, 2020 – ISOTTA is pleased to announce the launch of its new underwater housing for Nikon D780.
This high-quality housing is hand-crafted and 100% made in Italy maximizing the underwater performance of the Nikon full frame power house.
The durable, corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum body in its signature red color weighs only 2100 grams including handles. It is designed to give photographers access to all functionalities of this advanced camera.
This Isotta housing is built in a compact form factor and offers an ergonomic interface with all aluminum controls placed within easy reach of the users hand. To make the interface even more convenient all function icons are laser engraved, so that photographers always know which functions they are using – a unique feature of Isotta housings. It’s unique single handed open/close mechanism makes it easy to access the camera.
As all Isotta housings the housing guarantees a watertight seal by having double O-rings on all buttons, dials and removable parts. But just to be sure there is a moisture alarm built in that can warn the user in the unlikely case of a leak with a red LED and an acoustic sound.
The ports of the housing have a 120mm bayonet opening that enables the use of all Nikon lenses including larger diameter lenses. Photographers and videographers can chose the right combination of ports and extensions from the extensive port chart.
To connect underwater strobes photographers can chose from two options – either two fiber optic connections with a LED trigger, or sync cord sockets for Nikonos or S6 sync cords. It is also possible to order the housing with both options installed.
The housings feature two M16 ports for port for installation of accessories such as sync cords and vacuum valves.
The back housing is fully detachable from the front housing. It features a large anti-scratch glass for the camera display and an optical eye-piece for the camera viewfinder.
Working depth of this housing is 100 metres.
Dimensions: 240 mm W. x 130 mm D. x 190 mm H with handles.
Available from August 2020. The body has a retail price of 2.820,00 € Incl. VAT.
- Signature red anodized aluminum body;
- Ergonomic side handles, adjustable (via optional accessory);
- TTL converter electronics for automatic flash control included;
- Two fiber optic connectors (optional);
- Two electrical sync cord bulkheads;
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing;
- Tray with lock for an easy fitting of the camera;
- Single-hand closing knob for back housing;
- Two M16 holes for installation of accessories, e.g. vacuum valves or monitors;
- Aluminum buttons and dials with engraved symbols identical to camera controls;
- All camera controls are external;
- Wide back display viewfinder glass;
- Optical viewfinder and top screen for display;
- Double O-Ring seals on all buttons and removable parts;
- Moisture alarm with LED and an acoustic warning signal (replaceable battery);
- Removable port - 120mm bayonet;
- Ports security latch to prevent accidental opening;
- Wide, rubber covered feet for solid footing;
- M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights;
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods;
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON X-2 compatible;
- Depth rated to 100 metres;
- Weight: 2.137 grams with handles;
- Size: 240 mm W. x 136 mm D. x 190 mm H without handles.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >