You can now get your hands on Isotta’s shiny red housing for the Nikon D7500, a mid-level DSLR. We always note that these housings are designed by underwater photographers for underwater photographers, but the point is worth reiterating.
This philosophy is embodied through refinements such as adjustable handles (depending on your glove or hand size) and the easy-to-use single-handed rotary closure. Strobe connection options include fiber-optic—using the camera’s flash—and through Nikonos bulkheads.
The Isotta D7500 housing is shipping with a price tag of $2,750. Find out more about this housing on the Isotta website.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Isotta Underwater Camera Housing for Nikon D7500
Castelnuovo del Garda (VR), Italia, August 6, 2018—ISOTECNIC SRL is pleased to announce the launch of its new Underwater Camera Housing for the high-performance Nikon D7500, 100% crafted and Made in Italy in her iconic red precision cast aluminum body.
This Nikon popular model has been crafted to include all the latest improvements, because of its precision-engineering levers and knobs for a smooth camera control setting, high performance and safety underwater. A revised M16 x1 hole has been improved for an easier installation of accessories, e.g. vacuum valves or external monitors. External strobes can be used via two standard optical light ports as well as two Nikonos sync cord bulkheads.
The perfect handling of the Isotta Nikon D7500 housing is possible by means of adjustable handles crafted to match the human hand and make holding the camera very comfortable even throughout long dives.The housing features the Isotta well-known easy and secure opening/closing thanks to the upper helicoid that can be operated using only one hand.
Easy access to all key/main camera controls by means of clearly labelled laser-engraved longlasting buttons, even with gloves and drysuit gloves. The back door has a large window anti-scratch glass for a fine camera display and optical viewfinder view and it is entirely detached from the front body to make easier the camera fitting.
An excellent watertight seal is ensured by double O-rings on every mobile and removable part, such as back housing, buttons, ports, caps and connectors. A red LED alarm for humidity/water inside the housing is powered by a battery replaceable by the user. Working depth is 100 metres.
Different accessories can be fitted by means of an upper M8 hole and two threaded M6 holes on the bottom.
Available since August 2018, the housing will carry a retail price of 2750,00 € Incl. 22% VAT.
- Signature red color anodized aluminum body;
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing;
- Single-hand closing thanks to the side elicoid screw;
- Dual O-Ring seals on all buttons and removable parts;
- Aluminum buttons and dials with engraved symbols identical to camera controls;
- Wide back display tempered glass;
- Moisture alarm with LED indicator (replaceable battery);
- Wide, rubber covered feet for solid footing on boat floors or sea floor;
- One M16 x1 hole for installation of accessories, e.g. vacuum valves or monitors;
- One M8 hole located on upper side of the housing for various accessories such as focus lights;
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes or tripods;
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON X-2 compatible;
- Depth rated to 100 metres;
- Weight: 2600 grams;
- Size without handles: 190 W. x 130 D. x 190 H.
Isotecnic Srl designs and crafts underwater camera housings and accessories for DSLR, compact, mirrorless and action cameras (GoPro and ZCam) with the signature red brand Isotta. 100% Made in Italy, since 1967 Isotta's family has marketed high-end equipment for underwater video, photography and lighting, starting its own production in 1980 in Castelnuovo del Garda (Verona), Northern Italy.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s