Isotta has unveiled its housings for Sony’s a7 III and a7R III. The a7 III is Sony’s third-generation all-around full-frame mirrorless with a 24MP sensor and 10fps shooting, while the a7R III is the high-resolution version boasting 42.4 megapixels—but still up to 10fps shooting. The cameras are physically virtually identical except for a slightly different mode dial, so Isotta decided to produce two housings, but apart from accommodating this difference, they are exactly the same.
Featuring a red anodized aluminum construction, each housing comes as standard with built-in adjustable handles, dual O-ring seals on all buttons, and the company’s unique single-handed opening and closing. Each housing is compatible with Isotta’s standard DSLR ports and can accommodate even the largest diameter lenses. Manual strobe triggering is via fiber-optic ports, and there are three M16 holes for accessories such as sync cords, vacuum valves, and monitors.
The housings are shipping now, each with a price tag of $2,690. Read more in the press release below.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Isotta Underwater Camera Housings for Sony Alpha 7 III and R III
Castelnuovo del Garda (VR), Italy, November 23, 2018- ISOTECNIC SRL is pleased to announce the launch of its new Underwater Camera Housings for Sony Alpha 7 III and R III, thoroughly handcrafted and Made in Italy, that offer the highest quality and enhanced performance underwater.
Isotta Housings for Sony Alpha 7 III and R III give full accessibility to the enhanced camera controls (levers, knobs, etc) and improved functions providing better handling when in water. The housings have been crafted with a bayonet 120mm connection to feature the standard line of DSLR ports of Isotta permitting the use of all Sony lenses, allowing for no need of an additional adapter when using larger diameter lenses. Two fiber optic connections allow the use of external strobes through a manual trigger.
The housings present three M16 holes for installation of accessories, e.g. syncro cords, vacuum valves, monitors and feature a moisture indicator with visible red LED signal light and an acoustic warning signal. An excellent watertight seal is ensured by double O-rings on every mobile and removable part, such as back housing, buttons, ports, caps and connectors.
The back door has a large window anti-scratch glass for a fine camera display and optical viewfinder view and it is entirely detached from the front body to make easier the camera fitting. The housings feature the Isotta well-known easy and secure opening/closing of the housing thanks to the upper helicoid that can be operated using only one hand.
Compact, solid red anodized aluminum body weighs 2150 grams with handles included. Dimensions: 270 mm W. x 130 mm D. x 180 mm H. Working depth is 100 metres.
Available since November 2018, the housings carry a retail price of 2.690,00 € Incl. 22% VAT without a lens.
- Signature red color anodized aluminum body
- Ergonomic side handles, adjustable (via optional accessory)
- Manual Flash Trigger included
- Two fiber optic connectors
- Three M16 holes, for installation of accessories, e.g. syncro cords, vacuum valves or monitors
- Back housing completely detachable from the front housing
- Tray with lock for easy fitting of the camera
- Single-hand closing knob for back housing
- Aluminum buttons and dials with engraved symbols identical to camera controls
- Wide back display viewfinder glass with optical viewfinder
- Dual O-Ring seals on all buttons and removable parts
- Moisture sensor with acoustic signal and LED indicator (replaceable battery)
- Removable port - 120mm bayonet
- Wide, rubber covered feet for solid footing on boat floors or sea floor
- External viewfinders can be mounted, INON X-2 compatible
- Depth rated to 100 metres
- Weight: 2,150 grams with handles
- Size: 270 mm W. x 130 mm D. x 180 mm H
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s