Alongside the release of its new housing for the Fujifilm X-T3, Ikelite has announced the DL4 DS Link TTL converter, which is compatible with the new housing. Two other versions of the device are designed to work with non-Ikelite housings for compatible Fujifilm mirrorless cameras featuring an appropriate accessory port.
In addition to offering fast TTL triggering of Ikelite’s DS-series strobes via reliable electrical connections, the new DL4 converter has the advantage of not requiring batteries, as it is powered via the strobe, as well as giving photographers the ability to flick between TTL and manual modes at the push of a button. In TTL mode, the converter supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera, and rear curtain sync flash modes are also supported.
The DL4 DS Link TTL converter is available as a kit with the FT1 hotshoe ($375) for the Ikelite 200DL housing for Fujifilm X-T3; or with an Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead ($350) or with a Nikonos N5 bulkhead ($395) for non-Ikelite Fujifilm mirrorless housings.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
DL4 DS Link Fujifilm TTL Converter Ikelite FT1 Hotshoe Kit
TTL strobe exposure opens up a whole new world of creative possibilities for both wide angle and macro photographer. Let your camera control the strobe output so that you can devote your attention to adjusting your camera's settings, composing the shot, and focusing on your subject.
- Faster, more accurate, and more reliable than fiber optic TTL triggers
- Always ready when you are - no batteries required
- Switch between TTL and manual exposure with the press of a button
- Supports flash exposure (EV) compensation set in the camera
- Supports rear curtain sync
- Improves strobe battery life and recycle time
- One TTL converter supports a wide selection of camera models
- Independently waterproof sealed
- Includes FT1 TTL Hotshoe for use with compatible Ikelite DL Mirrorless housings
About Fujifilm TTL
TTL or "Thru-the-Lens" flash metering means the camera evaluates the scene and communicates exposure information directly to the compatible flash. The camera automatically adjusts the power output of the external flash so you don't have to.
TTL exposure is faster and often more accurate than setting the flash output manually. TTL can be the difference between getting a properly exposed image or not, especially when shooting fast-moving subjects and subjects that are moving towards or away from you. TTL is by far the easiest way to shoot perfectly exposed macro photography and allows you to concentrate on focus and framing. When shooting wide angle or close focus wide angle (CFWA), set your camera to properly expose the background and let the DL4 adjust your strobe intensity for proper exposure of the foreground.
Electrical flash triggering
Connecting an electrical sync cord is as quick and easy as screwing in a light bulb. Electrical triggering supports greater accuracy, faster rapid firing, and less missed flashes as compared to fiber optic triggering. Use of electrical TTL also dramatically increases strobe battery life.
The included FT1 TTL Hotshoe is necessary for TTL operation with most Ikelite DL Mirrorless housings. See Housing Compatibility information below.
The ultimate flexibility
Switch between TTL and manual flash exposure modes with the simple push of a button. A super bright LED indicator light shows you which mode you are in with a quick glance. When in TTL mode, flash exposure (EV) compensation can be accessed quickly and easily through the camera's menus. The DL4 DS Link fully supports rear curtain sync flash modes.
The DL4 DS Link is independently waterproof sealed and can be used with a wide array of camera models. Simply use a dual sync cord to fire two strobes in TTL from a single DL4 DS Link converter.
- Ikelite 200DL Housing for Fujifilm X-T3 # 71503
- Fujifilm X-T3
- DS50 strobes: above serial number 75510 with update
- DS51 strobes: above serial number 78700
- DS125 strobes: above serial number 7928
- DS160, DS161 strobes: all
- DS200 strobes: above serial number 7163
- Not compatible with non-digital Ikelite strobes including but not limited to SS50, SS200, SS400, Ai, 100/A
- Not compatible with SEA&SEA, INON, or other non-Ikelite strobes
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
- 2.9 ounces (82g)
In the Box
- DL4 DS Link TTL converter
- Plug o-ring # 0136.13 (installed)
- Connector protector for plug # 0301.12 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- FT1 TTL Hotshoe # 46081
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
Product # 46082
MSRP $ 375.00
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >