Fantasea has announced a new housing for the Sony a6000, the entry-level mirrorless that sits alongside the higher-spec’d a6300 and a6500 in the range. The a6000 shares many of the features of its more-expensive siblings, including a 24-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, Bionz X processing engine, and 11fps continuous shooting (but not the in-body image stabilization of the a6500 or the 4K video capabilities offered by both the higher models).
Similarly, the FA6000 housing boasts all the features and benefits of the FA6500 housing, designed for the a6300 and a6500 models. Depth-rated to 200 feet, the housing is made of durable injection-molded polycarbonate, and a moisture detector and alarm come as standard. Access to all the important camera functions is provided, and users can connect strobes via fiber-optic cables or electronically via the included M16 port. The port system and compatible accessories are all shared with the FA6500 housing.
Shipping now, the new FA6000 will be priced as low as $780 in the U.S.
FANTASEA LINE INTRODUCES FA6000 HOUSING FOR SONY a6000
NOW TAKING ORDERS!
Fantasea Line proudly introduces the rugged and stylish FA6000 Housing for the Sony a6000 mirrorless camera. The housing is now taking orders!
About the FA6000 Housing
The Fantasea FA6000 Housing was designed and manufactured specifically for the Sony a6000 camera.
The FA6000 Housing features an ergonomic design with access to all essential camera functions. It offers the highest professional standards of functionality, style and durability.
An FML interchangeable lens port system allows using a wide range of lenses underwater. A standard M16 port allows for optional connectors and accessories to be installed on the housing, including HDMI, vacuum valve or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads. For a maximum sense of security, the housing comes with a leak detector installed inside.
Depth rated to 60m/200 feet, the Fantasea FA6000 is the best dollar for value waterproof housing for the Sony a6000 camera.
The FA6000 is ideal for outdoor and underwater photography. Underwater photographers can dive or snorkel and capture all the excitement of this fascinating world, while outdoor photographers also have the option of capturing the action of activities such as white water paddle sports, sailing, boating, surfing, fishing, hunting, backpacking and camping.
The FA6000 Housing is shock resistant and protects the camera from water, sand, dust, frost, impact, as well as other damaging elements and harmful occurrences.
The FA6000 Housing was designed to be compatible with a complete accessory system, enabling photographers to enhance the quality of their images.
Retail price of the FA6000 Housing in the USA is as low as $780.
* Housing does not include the lens port. Lens ports are supplied separately.
Features & Specifications
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Made from durable injection molded Polycarbonate
- Access to all essential camera controls and functions with clearly labeled controls
- Shock resistant
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI, vacuum valve or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Special cold-shoe mount for lighting accessories
- Double fiber optic cable port
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Moisture Detector and Alarm
- Protective housing body cap
- Extended shutter release included for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear accessories are available, allowing for the use of a wide range of lenses
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
- Weight (without camera and lens port on land): 980g / 34.5 oz
- Weight (with camera and FML Flat Port on land): 1,645g / 58 oz
- Dimensions (without accessories): 20.5 x 14.5 x 15.5 cm 8 x 5.7 x 6.1 inch (W x D x H)
- Manufacturer’s warranty
Links & Useful Information
- www.sonydive.com – A website dedicated to Fantasea housings for Sony cameras
- About the Sony a6000 camera – www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-6000-body-kit
- FA6000 Housing Lens Ports Chart – www.fantasea.com/downloads/FMLLensPortChart.pdf
- FA6000 Housing Optional Accessories Chart – www.fantasea.com/downloads/FA6000HousingsAccessories.pdf
- FA6000 Housing Instruction Manual – https://system.netsuite.com/c.677043/manuals/1519_Manual.pdf
- Image Gallery – www.sonydive.com/gallery_detail.php?id=2216&title=FA6500
- Fantasea authorized dealers – http://www.fantasea.com/s.nl/sc.34/category.1462/.f
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the product mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s