Internal system components are highlighted (image for illustration purposes only)
Fantasea has announced a pre-dive vacuum test and leak detector called the Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A. As the name suggests, the device can be installed in compatible housings with an M16 port, including Fantasea housings such as the FRX100 VA M16 housing for the Sony RX100 III–V series of cameras. (Fantasea also sells a version of that housing, the FRX100 VA Vacuum, with the system preinstalled.)
The system can also be installed in other housing brands provided they have M16 ports with compatible threads, sufficient space inside, and a window through which the vacuum indicator light can be seen. The system is powered by a small lithium battery that is recharged in around 45 minutes via a 5V micro-USB port.
For pricing and availability information, contact your local Fantasea dealer.
FANTASEA LINE INTRODUCES HYBRID VACUUM SAFETY SYSTEM
Now taking orders!
Fantasea proudly introduces the Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A, an optional pre-dive vacuum test and leak detector safety system. The system is now available and accepting orders!
ABOUT THE HYBRID VACUUM SAFETY SYSTEM M16A
The Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A is an optional pre-dive vacuum test and leak detector safety system. The system allows confirming the watertight seal of the housing prior to the dive using the vacuum system and monitoring the housing seal during the dive using the moisture detector.
The Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A requires self installation. It can be installed and used inside the following housings:
- Fantasea housings equipped with an M16 port*.
- Other brands housings equipped with an M16 port, as long as the following requirements are met:
- Housing’s M16 port features a thread type that is compatible with the thread type featured on the vacuum valve of the Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A.
- Housing consists of sufficient internal space to accommodate all vacuum safety system components in a manner that does not interfere with housing operation and allows operating the vacuum safety system.
- Housing features a transparent area through which the LED indicator of the vacuum safety system can be observed and monitored.
Features & Specifications
- Depth rated to 100 meters / 330 feet
- Vacuum valve material: black anodized aluminum alloy
- Moisture sensor material: flexible printed circuit board
- Battery: 3.7V 110mAh Lithium rechargeable battery
- Charging port: 5V micro-USB
- Charging duration: approx. 45 minutes
- Battery life: approx. 4 days
- Alarm: audio + visual (LED)
- Vacuum analysis duration: 4 minutes
- Vacuum valve – 24 x 35 mm / 0.94 x 1.38 inch (D x L)
- Main PC board – 28 x 18 x 7 mm / 1.1 x 0.7 x 0.27 inch (L x W x H)
- Signal board – 30 x 14 x 7 mm / 1.18 x 0.55 x 0.27 inch (L x W x H)
- Moisture sensor – can be trimmed if required
- Connection cable – 140 mm / 5.51 inch (long cable) OR 75 mm / 2.95 inch (short cable)
- Weight (including all system components): 30.2 g / 1.06 oz
- Included in package: vacuum valve, vacuum pump, wrench, double-sided stickers, main PC board, signal board, moisture sensor, Cabled LED indicator, 2 x connection cables
LINKS & USEFUL INFORMATION
- Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A on the Fantasea Website – www.fantasea.com/s.nl/it.A/id.825/.f
- Tutorial video – https://youtu.be/C1NgLNzyxPc
- Instruction manual – https://system.netsuite.com/c.677043/manuals/6621_Manual.pdf
- Fantasea authorized dealers – www.fantasea.com/s.nl/sc.34/category.1462/.f
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >