Fantasea has announced the release of its new housing for the Sony a6400 midrange APS-C mirrorless camera. The successor to the popular a6300 shares the same 24.2MP sensor, 425 phase-detection AF points, 11fps continuous shooting, and 4K UHD 30p video capabilities as the flagship a6500, but as the newest addition to the series, the a6400 offers the fastest autofocus acquisition speed, faster tracking and Eye AF, and better video features.
Like Fantasea’s FA6500 housing for the a6300 and a6500, the new FA6400 housing is made from robust injection-molded polycarbonate, offers access to all important camera controls, and boasts a double O-ring seal. The housing includes a vacuum check and leak detector—the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System—as well as an additional M16 port for HDMI or electrical strobe triggering bulkheads. Dual ports are provided for triggering strobes via fiber-optic connections.
Shipping soon, the FA6400 housing is now available for preorder from Backscatter.
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the products mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Fantasea proudly introduces the rugged and stylish FA6400 Housing for the Sony a6400 mirrorless camera. The housing is now taking orders!
ABOUT THE FA6400 HOUSING
The Fantasea FA6400 Housing was designed and manufactured specifically for the Sony a6400 camera.
The FA6400 features an ergonomic design with access to all essential camera functions. It offers the highest professional standards of functionality, style and durability.
The FA6400 features the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System, which includes both a pre-dive vacuum check and an on-dive leak detector. The system allows confirming the watertight seal of the housing prior to the dive using the vacuum system and monitoring the housing seal during the dive using the moisture detector.
An FML interchangeable lens port system allows using a wide range of lenses underwater. A standard M16 port (in addition to the vacuum valve) allows for optional connectors and accessories to be installed on the housing, including HDMI or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads.
Depth rated to 60m/200 feet, the Fantasea FA6400 is the ultimate waterproof home for the Sony a6400 camera.
The FA6400 Housing is ideal for outdoor and underwater photography. Underwater photographers can dive or snorkel and capture all the excitement of this fascinating world, while outdoor photographers also have the option of capturing the action of activities such as white water paddle sports, sailing, boating, surfing, fishing, hunting, backpacking and camping.
The FA6400 Housing is shock resistant and protects the camera from water, sand, dust, frost, impact, as well as other damaging elements and harmful occurrences.
The FA6400 Housing was designed to be compatible with a complete accessory system, enabling photographers to enhance the quality of their images.
- Hybrid Vacuum Safety System included
- Moisture Detector and Alarm
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet
- Made from durable injection molded Polycarbonate
- Access to all essential camera controls and functions with clearly labeled controls
- Shock resistant
- Additional M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Special cold-shoe mount for lighting accessories
- Double fiber optic cable port
- Removable anti-glare hood for the LCD screen
- Easy and secure installation of camera
- Protective housing body cap
- Extended shutter release included for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear accessories are available, allowing for the use of a wide range of lenses
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
- Weight (without camera and lens port on land): 980g / 34.5 oz
- Weight (with camera and FML Flat Port on land): 1,595g / 56.2 oz
- Dimensions (without accessories): 20.5 x 14.5 x 15.5 cm 8 x 5.7 x 6.1 inch (W x D x H)
- Manufacturer’s warranty
LINKS & USEFUL INFORMATION
- www.sonydive.com – A website dedicated to Fantasea housings for Sony cameras
- About the Sony a6400 camera – www.sony.com/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-6400
- Mirrorless Housings Image Gallery – www.sonydive.com/gallery_detail.php?id=2216&title=Mirrorless
- Mirrorless Housings Accessories Chart – www.fantasea.com/downloads/MirrorlessHousingsAccessoriesChart.pdf
- FML Lens Port Chart – www.fantasea.com/downloads/FMLLensPortChart.pdf
- Fantasea authorized dealers – www.fantasea.com/s.nl/sc.34/category.1462/.f
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >