Fantasea has unveiled its new housing for the Sony a6500 and a6300. Both the a6500 and a6300 are top-of-the-line APS-C mirrorless cameras in the Sony range, with similar specifications and body dimensions. The cameras share the same 24-megapixel sensor, 425-point on-sensor phase detect autofocus system, viewfinder, video capabilities, and 11fps burst shooting rate.
Made from durable injection-molded polycarbonate and depth-rated to 200 feet, the FA6500 housing offers Fantasea’s usual emphasis on ergonomics and usability, with access to all important camera functions. A moisture detector and alarm come as standard, and strobes can be connected via fiber-optic cables or the M16 port, which also facilitates HDMI or vacuum value connections. When used with a tray and handle, an optional shutter release extension allows users to hit the shutter button while maintaining a grip on the handle.
Shipping in April, the new FA6500 will be priced as low as $980 in the U.S.
FANTASEA LINE UNDERWATER HOUSING FOR THE SONY a6500 and a6300
Fantasea introduces the stylish and rugged FA6500 Housing for the Sony a6500 and a6300 mirrorless cameras. The housing is expected in April 2017.
The Fantasea FA6500 Housing was designed and manufactured specifically for the Sony a6500 and a6300 cameras. The FA6500 features an ergonomic design with access to all essential camera functions. It offers the highest and most professional standards of functionality, style and durability.
Sony considers the a6500 as their flagship APS-C mirrorless system and many underwater photo pro’s consider it the best value-for-money mirrorless camera in the market today!
Retail price of the FA6500 Housing in the USA is expected to be as low as $980.
FA6500 System Highlights
- Full access to all essential camera buttons & functions with clearly marked controls
- Depth rated to 60 meters / 200 feet
- Shock resistant construction
- Ergonomic design
- Double O-ring protection for a perfect watertight seal
- Moisture Detector and Alarm, Hand Strap and Body Cap included at no additional cost!
- Interchangeable lens port and lens gear system is available, allowing for the use of a wide range of lenses
- Double fiber optic cable port
- M16 port for a variety of connections, including HDMI, vacuum valve or electronic strobe triggering bulkheads
- Shutter release extension available for easy access when using housing tray and handles
- Additional optional housing accessories are available
- Manufacturer’s warranty
When purchasing underwater photography equipment like the product mentioned in this article, please support DPG by supporting our retail partner—Backscatter.com.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >