A few weeks ago, a team of DPG editors flew over to Curacao with 7 bags full of the latest and greatest underwater photography gear. Backscatter, our retail partner, hooked us up with 5 systems to review:
- Canon S95 with Fisheye FIX housing and FIX wide angle dome port
- Olympus XZ-1 with Olympus PT-050 Housing
- Sony NEX-5 with the Nauticam NA-NEX5 housing.
- Nikon D7000 with Nauticam NA-D7000 housing
- XIT404 tripod with custom Really Right Stuff panning clamp and rail.
- Sola 1200 video lights
We also got a SeaLIfe Mini and Photo/Video combo light from SeaLife
A big thanks to both Lion’s Beach and Dive Resort and Ocean Encounters for hosting us. Curacao was the perfect host country for doing gear reviews, as we were able to enjoy the wonderful reefs at our own pace and schedule.
Below is a little preview video. As you can see, we had a ton of fun! The reviews will be published in June.
Canon 15mm f2.8 Fisheye
Sea & Sea YS-D1
Canon 5D Mark III
Plan Your Adventure >