They’re smart. They can change color and texture. And they are fantastic photo subjects. We love octopuses (octopi-truthers, click here). And so, it’s only fitting that we celebrate World Octopus Day with an eight-armed solute worthy of these special cephalopods.
In that spirit, we’re sharing eight of our favorite recent octopus news stories. There are quite a lot to choose from, but we feel confident that this list will inspire you to share your own octo images or—better yet—go diving with them!
1. Inky the Octopus Escapes
2. Octopus Steals GoPro for Selfie
3. Face-Off Between Octopus and Crab
4. Octopuses Mysteriously Walking on Beach in Wales
5. Maori Octopus Kills Dolphin
6. Octopus Tries Stealing Diver’s Ikelite
7. Why Octopuses Don’t End Up in a Tangle
8. Seal Slaps Kayaker with Octopus
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >