DPG is a comprehensive underwater photography website and community for underwater photographers. Learn underwater photography techniques for popular digital cameras and specialized professional underwater equipment (wide angle, macro, super macro, lighting and work flow). Read latest news, explore travel destinations for underwater photography. Galleries of professional and amateur underwater photography including wrecks, coral reefs, undersea creatures, fashion and surfing photography.
Dive Photo Guide

News

Bonaire To Shift To 100% Alternative Energy Within 5 Years
By Jason Heller, April 1, 2009 @ 05:00 AM (EST)
While President Barak Obama wants to bring wind power into the US as one of the components to the budget for our country’s road to recovery, the Caribbean island of Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles is already well on its way to full use of alternative energy.
 
In 2007, the island government, which takes pride in the island’s beauty & preservation, agreed to a multi-faceted project to reduce its dependence on fossil fuel energy by developing an energy system comprised of a wind farm, biodiesel plant and island’s energy.
 
By the end of 2009 44% of the island’s energy will be produced by wind turbines. The remaining 56% will be produced by bio-diesel fuel derived from algae, an organism that does not take food out of the supply chain, enabling the island to shift 100% sustainable energy supply within five years.
Bonaire Wind Turbine Alternative Energy

RELATED ARTICLES

RELATED PRODUCTS

Subal ND800
Canon 15mm f2.8 Fisheye
Sea & Sea YS-D1
Canon 5D Mark III
Be the first to add a comment to this article.
You must be logged in to comment.
Support Our Sponsors
Newsletter
Travel with us

Featured Photographer



Follow Us

Sponsors