DPG equipment partner Backscatter is coming to DEMA this year armed not just with loads of cool gear advice, but also as host of more than 50 seminars aimed at underwater photographers and videographers.
Taking the main stage of the Imaging Resource Center will be Backscatter CEO Jim Decker to talk shooting all things wide angle, image manipulation guru Erin Quigley to give her top tips on post-processing, and action cam aficionado Joel Penner to tell you all you need to know about getting great results with your GoPro (and the like). These three major seminars last 45 minutes each, while other minor seminars—held in the nearby Backscatter booth (#417)—last 15 minutes. (In short, the perfect break from all your heavy client meetings.)
For more information, check out the press release below—and grab a seminar schedule from the Backscatter booth.
Backscatter To Host Over 50 Underwater Imaging Technique and Gear Seminars at DEMA
For the 2017 DEMA Show in Orlando, Backscatter will be hosting over 50 seminars on topics covering image editing techniques, video editing techniques, wide angle shooting techniques, and gear and shooting technique seminars geared towards GoPro and the Olympus line of cameras.
"While our company mission includes sales, service, instruction, and travel, what really excites us most is the instruction part," says Jim Decker, CEO of Backscatter. "We love sharing our knowledge of everything related to underwater imaging with people to help them get better images. If left to our own devices, we’d just geek out all day talking about underwater camera gear! We’re really excited to offer this free program to everyone attending the DEMA show in Orlando this year."
Three 45 minute seminars will be given at the Imaging Resource Center Main Stage:
- Thursday 2pm, Successful Wide Angle Photography, by Jim Decker
- Friday 12pm, Dirty Tricks for Underwater Photographers in Post, by Erin Quigley
- Saturday 12pm, How to Shoot Amazing Underwater & Topside Footage with Your Action Camera, by Joel Penner
The remainder of the seminars will be held in Backscatter booth #417 in the Imaging Resource Center. These will be power sessions of 15 minutes each with a Q&A afterwards. Scheduled seminars will be held every hour starting at 10:45am. Impromptu pop up seminars will be held every hour starting at 11:15am. Below is a list of the seminar topics to be covered. Attendees can stop by the booth to pick up a seminar schedule.
Video Editing Techniques
- Stabilizing Shaky Footage
- Video White Balance Correction
- Advanced Isolated Video Color Correction
- Animating Your Still Images in Video Projects
- Relighting your Video Footage using Vignettes and Power Windows
- Creating Smoother Slow Motion Footage
- Time Remapping
- Backscatter Removal Tips & Tricks
- Repositioning Your Strobes in Post
- Dirty Tricks
- Getting Rid of Bubbles, Blobs, and Bozos
- Color and Contrast Power Moves
- Dial-a-Blue Water Color in Post
- How To Get Amazing Underwater Color With Your GoPro
- Macro With a GoPro? Using the Close Up and Macromate Mini Lenses
- FLIP 6—The Best Color Correction System for GoPro
- Wide & Macro with the Olympus TG-5
- Dialing in Your Olympus OMD Camera
Backscatter is the world’s largest underwater imaging supplier with 2 locations, in Monterey, CA, and Derry, NH. In addition to our retail operations, Backscatter is also a wholesaler to the diving industry for Inon, Olympus, Retra, and FLIP Filters GoPro Color Correction Filters. For dealer inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 831-645-1082.
Fantasea FG7X II
Ikelite Housing for Nikon D500
I-DiveSite Venom 35s
Plan Your Adventure >