May 2011 Photo Contest
Winning images for May’s underwater photo contest have been selected! The theme for May’s contest was “Big Animals” and the winner of the contest and a $200 gift certificate to Backscatter is Brandi Mueller!
Brandi managed to perfectly frame two Mantas in mid spiral, while capturing the magnificence of these Big Animals! Great job!
In second place was Fabien Michenet, who skillfully captured a special humpback whale and calf. Third place was awarded to Tobias Friedrich with an interesting perspective of whale shark and snorkeler.
The judges for the May contest were DPG editors Matt Weiss and Joseph Tepper, as well as award-winning photographers Keri Wilk, Jeff De Guzman, and Steve De Neef and Mark Fuller. A special thanks to our retail partners, Backscatter, for sponsoring this month's contest
Congrats to our winners and to all who entered. You all lived up to the motto, “go big or go home.”
- July 2019Theme: Third Think Pink
- May 2019Theme: Gender and Oceans
- May 2019Theme: Clean Our Ocean
- May 2019Theme: Underwater Seascapes
- May 2019Theme: Underwater Life
- May 2019Theme: Above Water Seascapes
- May 2019Theme: Making a Difference
- May 2019Theme: Youth
- July 2018Theme: Pink (Wide Angle)
Plan Your Adventure >