July 2012 Photo Contest
DPG is proud to announce the winners of our July Monthly Contest! The theme for the month was “Cephalopods” and the winner of a Subsee Adaptor curtesy of Reefnet (a $200 value) is Todd Bretl.
Todd wow-ed the judges with his great image of an octopus displaying its colors and tentacles at night.
Second place went to Wahrmut Sobainsky with his image of a pair of cuttlefish mating. Brian McHugh took home third place with his fantastic shot of squid on the hunt during a night dive.
First Place: Todd Bretl
Second Place: Wahrmut Sobainsky
Third Place: Brian McHugh
A special “thank you” to this month’s sponsor, ReefNet, who generously donated a Subsee adaptor ($200 value) to Todd.
Thanks also to the great judging staff: Pro photogs Jeff De Guzman, Mark Fuller, Steve De Neef and Keri Wilk, along with DPG editors Joseph Tepper and Matt Weiss.
- July 2019Theme: Third Think Pink
- May 2019Theme: Gender and Oceans
- May 2019Theme: Clean Our Ocean
- May 2019Theme: Underwater Seascapes
- May 2019Theme: Underwater Life
- May 2019Theme: Above Water Seascapes
- May 2019Theme: Making a Difference
- May 2019Theme: Youth
- July 2018Theme: Pink (Wide Angle)
Plan Your Adventure >